Possible to switch screens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike

Splendid

I have a laptop and the screen is damaged. I want to know if it's
possible to replace the screen with a screen from another laptop? I
don't think it is but I thought it's worth asking. If it is possible,
how would I go about doing it?

Mike <littleboyblu87@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a laptop and the screen is damaged. I want to know if it's
> possible to replace the screen with a screen from another laptop? I
> don't think it is but I thought it's worth asking. If it is possible,
> how would I go about doing it?

At best you can use the laptop's external video connector to attach to an
LCD or plasma display, if you're looking for a similar looking display.

Yousuf Khan

hank

Of course. It must be the same make, model and part number (or a part number
from the mfr list of compatible screens).

I just did it on my Dell 7000. Piece of cake. Razor blade, flat tip and phillips
screwdrivers, and the nerve to attempt it.

On or about 5/30/2004 12:35 PM, it came to pass that Hank wrote:
> Of course. It must be the same make, model and part number (or a part number
> from the mfr list of compatible screens).
>
> I just did it on my Dell 7000. Piece of cake. Razor blade, flat tip and phillips
> screwdrivers, and the nerve to attempt it.
Hank
Would you please post or e-mail privately if you prefer(the email address is
good once "RemoveThis" is removed), where you purchased your LCD, the model
numbers that may be used and the general price range. I have an Inspiron 7000
that just developed a line of pixels. I've been looking on E-bay and used 15
inch LCDs for this machine seem to be a bit pricey.
Thank you
Arn

"arnb" <arnbRemoveThis@Arnb.org> wrote in message
> On or about 5/30/2004 12:35 PM, it came to pass that Hank wrote:
> > Of course. It must be the same make, model and part number (or a part
number
> > from the mfr list of compatible screens).
> >
> > I just did it on my Dell 7000. Piece of cake. Razor blade, flat tip and
phillips
> > screwdrivers, and the nerve to attempt it.
> Hank
> Would you please post or e-mail privately if you prefer(the email address
is
> good once "RemoveThis" is removed), where you purchased your LCD, the
model
> numbers that may be used and the general price range. I have an Inspiron
7000
> that just developed a line of pixels. I've been looking on E-bay and used
15
> inch LCDs for this machine seem to be a bit pricey.

Have you checked www.lcdsforless.com
and/or www.laptopparts.com?

dk

On or about 5/31/2004 8:41 AM, it came to pass that Dan Koren wrote:

> "arnb" <arnbRemoveThis@Arnb.org> wrote in message
>
>>On or about 5/30/2004 12:35 PM, it came to pass that Hank wrote:
>>
>>>Of course. It must be the same make, model and part number (or a part
>
> number
>
>>>from the mfr list of compatible screens).
>>>
>>>I just did it on my Dell 7000. Piece of cake. Razor blade, flat tip and
>
> phillips
>
>>>screwdrivers, and the nerve to attempt it.
>>
>>Hank
>>Would you please post or e-mail privately if you prefer(the email address
>
> is
>
>>good once "RemoveThis" is removed), where you purchased your LCD, the
>
> model
>
>>numbers that may be used and the general price range. I have an Inspiron
>
> 7000
>
>>that just developed a line of pixels. I've been looking on E-bay and used
>
> 15
>
>>inch LCDs for this machine seem to be a bit pricey.
>

> Have you checked www.lcdsforless.com
> and/or www.laptopparts.com?
>

> dk

Thanks for the links but....
The first www.lcdsforless.com is broken here and www.laptoparts.com wants US$599
for a reconditioned version without installation.

On or about 5/31/2004 8:41 AM, it came to pass that Dan Koren wrote:

> "arnb" <arnbRemoveThis@Arnb.org> wrote in message
>
>>On or about 5/30/2004 12:35 PM, it came to pass that Hank wrote:
>>
>>>Of course. It must be the same make, model and part number (or a part
>
> number
>
>>>from the mfr list of compatible screens).
>>>
>>>I just did it on my Dell 7000. Piece of cake. Razor blade, flat tip and
>
> phillips
>
>>>screwdrivers, and the nerve to attempt it.
>>
>>Hank
>>Would you please post or e-mail privately if you prefer(the email address
>
> is
>
>>good once "RemoveThis" is removed), where you purchased your LCD, the
>
> model
>
>>numbers that may be used and the general price range. I have an Inspiron
>
> 7000
>
>>that just developed a line of pixels. I've been looking on E-bay and used
>
> 15
>
>>inch LCDs for this machine seem to be a bit pricey.
>

> Have you checked www.lcdsforless.com
> and/or www.laptopparts.com?
>

> dk

Ok found the first one at