shorty11_rox

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2009
Hi all,
Im looking at making my old monitor look like new and i just want to know if you have any ideas on how to do it. So far my only idea is to spray paint the front a glossy black and the back a glossy silver. Any other ideas?

Solution
What you want is automotive grade spray paint. Other cheap spray paint flake off or discolor down the road. And you will need to sand it with 400-600-800 (and may be 1000) grit paper to get a good surface.

Also, if possible, completely take off the LCD screen from the cover (just be careful and take pics of the layout so you can put it back together).

One of my friends did something like this and he now has a bright orange case + LCD which looks really nice esp. at a LAN.
You should ask paint shop personnel. Some spray paint drys and becomes flaky or doesn't look like you expect it to.

Don't forget to prepare the surface (light sanding and rubbing alcohol). For the screen, I'd cover it with newspaper and use painters tape around the edges and a scalpel (avoid cutting the screen) to paint as close as possible to the screen.

What you want is automotive grade spray paint. Other cheap spray paint flake off or discolor down the road. And you will need to sand it with 400-600-800 (and may be 1000) grit paper to get a good surface.

Also, if possible, completely take off the LCD screen from the cover (just be careful and take pics of the layout so you can put it back together).

One of my friends did something like this and he now has a bright orange case + LCD which looks really nice esp. at a LAN.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS