Ok so I recently built a new computer:
Intel I-5 2500k
Evga GTX 570 - basic one
Gigabyte Z68X Motherboard
8 GB memory..
650 Watt corsair Power Supply
Windows 7 64 Bit.

As for my problem:

Using Evga Precision for Oc'ing I am able to Over clock the card 790/1580/1920 Core/Shader/Memory. Stocking Being 732/1500/1900. I can over clock the core to 750 and perform a successful restart. Could voltage be the answer for no display? Its running at stock 0.988 Volts

I am able to apply these new speeds, stress test looks good for for 30 minute and everything runs fine, my games play even better. BUT, as soon as I hit apply at windows start up and restart or turn off my computer the PC will boot with no display.

I have to take out the card and use on board video to uninstall evga precision. It then takes some time for my monitor to show a display.
It will not reboot or turn on with the display working if I overclock it, yet it runs fine while its overclocked manually when I get it working.

Is it ok to manually overclock the card every time windows starts? Cause that would solve my problem but be a pain in the ass.

To go to 750mhz on the card was ok withuot adding voltage but to go up to 790 you may have to add some voltage. When you did the overclock did you jump from 750 to 790? Or did you go up gradually 5mhz at a time or 10 mhz at a time and verify Windows stability.

Thompson02

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I gradually increased it by 10 mhz. Doing a couple GPU stress tests along the way. It runs the games fine without crashing at this 790 mhz speed. Would increasing voltage allow me to apply at start up and not lose display? Could try it.

You could add the voltage but just to the next increment , you don't want to use too much and use just enough to get to where windows will load with a display. When overclocking a video card it is the same as a cpu and you increase the multiplier to you get to a certian speed level you need to add voltage , with a gpu you increase the core speed till you need voltage and there are limits because with a cpu in the bios you have a lot of options and in the gpu overclock you don't.

Thompson02

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012

Ok so my computer seems to be running stable and only loses display occasionally after a fresh startup, the weird part is when it boots with no display I only have to unplug my monitor and replug it in to get it working. Is this a monitor issue.

Under idle the GPU voltage is .906 Volts. Set to 1.025 in MSI afterburner for full load. Keep in my stress tests all look good and it runs stable, the only problem is a sudden loss of display after a start up.