Best GPU company for the buck?

jsh1284

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2009
Honestly, although this isn't my fave brand .. I would have to say Sapphire. HIS is pretty good too. I don't know if they are avail where you are, but usually .. their cards are more affordable and just as fast if not faster than the competition. Especially if you get one of their Vapor-X (highly OC'able) or Toxic (factory OC'ed) units and they come with a factory 2 year warranty. However the first two cards, as the above poster said, are also good choices. However a lot of the time they are priced higher than their Sapphire or HIS competitors.

Seth John

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2009
ATI 4770 is the king of value for money

I've read this.. I am a bit concerned about the heat and the noise they generate though. I would be very interested in a quiet bang for buck card if one exists.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009

I think you mean a 4850 because the 4770 is more of an entertainment card and not a full fledge gaming GPU. It handles movies, files, apps, 3dsMax, Cad, and most games but not on their maximum settings. So for a real card to be "worth" it, it has to be able to handle a decent amount of games at their "near max" settings. This card is under $130 online now and perhaps cheaper in other areas(some for even $100!!).

But the main question was which company makes the best GPUs from the stock ones(Nvidia) or ATi out there. Which ones can make the best overclocks and superclocks.... cooling, looks, function, psu saving, space, airflow, ect.....