UPS-raidmax 500W-gts 250

yus_29

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
hi guys, need help here.
i have posted thread about is raidmax KY-600atx(500w) compatible to gts 250, and the majority said it is not compatible because its not a good quality, not a good brand and its +12v rail is just 22A.
so, i just want to ask maybe a stupid question, what if i use UPS? could it gets along well? could it save my other components from damage if my psu get fry or not enough power or something like that?

Solution
The UPS will only protect the PSU from surges generated in the wiring prior to it, a failing PSU generates a surge in itself and is downstream of the UPS so there is nothing to stop it from frying the components.

Also a 22A 12V rail is absolutely pathetic, even the corsair 400cx provides 30A, a 22A 12V rail PSU shouldnt be rated above 350W, certainly not 500W. Whats cheaper, a GTS250 and a good PSU, or a GTS 250, a crappy PSU, a replacement PSU, and a few replacement components once it goes.

I managed to find that model on newegg, and it isnt made by raidmax, its made by an even more obscure company it seems, winsis. I also cant tell from the power distribution if its supposed to be an ATX 1.x or 2.x PSU which definitely isnt a good...
The UPS will only protect the PSU from surges generated in the wiring prior to it, a failing PSU generates a surge in itself and is downstream of the UPS so there is nothing to stop it from frying the components.

Also a 22A 12V rail is absolutely pathetic, even the corsair 400cx provides 30A, a 22A 12V rail PSU shouldnt be rated above 350W, certainly not 500W. Whats cheaper, a GTS250 and a good PSU, or a GTS 250, a crappy PSU, a replacement PSU, and a few replacement components once it goes.

I managed to find that model on newegg, and it isnt made by raidmax, its made by an even more obscure company it seems, winsis. I also cant tell from the power distribution if its supposed to be an ATX 1.x or 2.x PSU which definitely isnt a good sign.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817234005

Solution