Fsx and i5

hi all, im near to buy a new rig for play again fsx:

asus p7p55d
3gb ram
intel i5 750
with my old 8800gt

the question is: can i play fsx smooth at one resolution of 1280*1024?
my desire is flying at mid-high, high settings or 25 fps locked on big cities areas like ny!
my os is vista 32, so, is better 4 gb ram or what?
thanks in advance
8 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware
  1. denny927 said:
    hi all, im near to buy a new rig for play again fsx:

    asus p7p55d
    3gb ram
    intel i5 750
    with my old 8800gt

    the question is: can i play fsx smooth at one resolution of 1280*1024?
    my desire is flying at mid-high, high settings or 25 fps locked on big cities areas like ny!
    my os is vista 32, so, is better 4 gb ram or what?
    thanks in advance

    hi denny927, i have a i5 too. It can runs perfectly well at 30-70fps with DX10, and mid-high to ultra high settings.
    -mobo: get a gigabyte p55a-ud3p or higher. It supports SATA 3.0, USB 3.0 and Ultra Durable 3. Way better than p7p55d.
    -if you dont mind upgrading your vid card, get a HD5750. It supports DX11. 8800GT is good, but a lil bit outdated. But get a 450W PSU and above w/ one 6-pin connector.
    -3+1=4, get a 4gb ram.
    W/ the above settings you will be able to visit NY at 20-30fps.
  2. denny927 said:
    hi all, im near to buy a new rig for play again fsx:

    asus p7p55d
    3gb ram
    intel i5 750
    with my old 8800gt

    the question is: can i play fsx smooth at one resolution of 1280*1024?
    my desire is flying at mid-high, high settings or 25 fps locked on big cities areas like ny!
    my os is vista 32, so, is better 4 gb ram or what?
    thanks in advance

    FSX is mostly a CPU-limited game and you have a pretty fast CPU with a good VGA,you should be fine with mid-high settings on 1280x1024 resolution
  3. You should be able to do that, or at least pretty close. The i5 is a fast CPU, and my i7 can pull 1920x1200 smoothly even at stock (3.33 with turbo) clocks.

    The 8800GT is fine too, though as noted above, FSX is mostly CPU limited (which is kind of surprising given that my 4870x2s sound like a pair of jet engines in my case when I start it up).
  4. FSX runs great at Quad core CPUs, and also good video card.
  5. What ever you do..Don't buy a Gt 220. for FSX. Way...Way under power. I brought one now, I can't even fly. Money wasted.
  6. nocopilot said:
    What ever you do..Don't buy a Gt 220. for FSX. Way...Way under power. I brought one now, I can't even fly. Money wasted.

    my fren can't even run fsx after install, w/ q8300 and a gt220
  7. lkn118 said:
    hi denny927, i have a i5 too. It can runs perfectly well at 30-70fps with DX10, and mid-high to ultra high settings.
    -mobo: get a gigabyte p55a-ud3p or higher. It supports SATA 3.0, USB 3.0 and Ultra Durable 3. Way better than p7p55d.
    -if you dont mind upgrading your vid card, get a HD5750. It supports DX11. 8800GT is good, but a lil bit outdated. But get a 450W PSU and above w/ one 6-pin connector.
    -3+1=4, get a 4gb ram.
    W/ the above settings you will be able to visit NY at 20-30fps.


    thanks all guys for the replies, in a few days ill buy a 8gb ram ddr3 at 1600mhz ocz obsidian, find it a good good price, and for the mobo a ga p55 us3l(thanks dude for your message), but ill wait a little bit for a new graphic card...my 8800gt still a good vga for the moment(well, i say the truth, hehe i dont have money for buy other better vga)...
    other comments are welcome. ;)

    ps

    sorry for my poor english

    im italian in mexican land
    cheers
  8. I am having the following setup:

    i5@3.78Ghz
    8G OCZ DDR3 Gold running 1080Mhz
    BFG 8800GT OC 512MB

    I was flying my A2A J3 @ RJAA soked with fog (I have REX @ 1024 reso., Active Sky Advance running as well) and I was lagging like hack.

    My OC just can't handle my 8G @ higher speed. I haven't tried upping the Vtt to higher but I'm sitting @ 1.21 already. So I'm gonna try going down to 4G with a higher speed and see if that'll help. I don't know.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Intel i5