Base model vs Factory Overclocked gtx 560 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
hello,
I am planning to buy a gtx 560 ti for my new setup.
But I wanted to know this -

Is there much difference b/w the cooling arrangement of the base model and the facory overclocked model???
Is it justifiable if I have to get 10$ or more for this difference??

I was looking at ZOTAC and GIGABYTE models and comparing their prices. The difference is 20$ at most acc. to my requirement.
I am willing to OC my card about 5% percent.

Thx in advance!

Solution
oh paper!, i got rid of them for few weeks coz my last exam was of 2 jan 2012, it was maths 1st semester computer engg diploma
you are in new Delhi and i too, i got my hd6770 at 7000 and they were offering me a hd6790 at 7250 ,but unfortunately mere pas sirf Rs9000 hi the jismese Rs 2000 mene psu me laga diye the

can you do me a favor by asking the dealer if they have this board (asrock n68c s ucc http://asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68C-S%20UCC ) because i want this board, if they have then what is the price of this board
also this processor (phenom 2 x4 945 c3 HDX945WFK4DGM in black edition) and price

if their is no difference then go with cheaper one, because some venders charge more for the same piece

what are the price tags...

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
different venders according to different clock and different models
use different cooling in their cards

when venders overclocks a card then they use better cooling than a base model to make the card more reliable and stable and cool

if you want to run system cool or want to overclock too much and want to use that card for high graphics and load then go for better cooling, thus it is justifiable.

for 5% overclocking you can choose anyone

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
ok. so i think i am gonna have a toss-up between gigabyte and zotac when the time comes. So what do u suggest? gigabyte or zotac? I think I can find the zotac for about 20-30$ cheaper. they r quite popular here in my region (india).

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011

Hehe, I have my english paper tmrrow (1st semseter) and was kinda getting bored with science writing.

As for the question, I cant name the models exactly coz the the vendor only told me about the brand and the value of its 560 ti in general.

lets say they are the most basic ones for both them. then what are my options?

truegenius

Distinguished
BANNED
oh paper!, i got rid of them for few weeks coz my last exam was of 2 jan 2012, it was maths 1st semester computer engg diploma
you are in new Delhi and i too, i got my hd6770 at 7000 and they were offering me a hd6790 at 7250 ,but unfortunately mere pas sirf Rs9000 hi the jismese Rs 2000 mene psu me laga diye the

can you do me a favor by asking the dealer if they have this board (asrock n68c s ucc http://asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=N68C-S%20UCC ) because i want this board, if they have then what is the price of this board
also this processor (phenom 2 x4 945 c3 HDX945WFK4DGM in black edition) and price

if their is no difference then go with cheaper one, because some venders charge more for the same piece

what are the price tags on them

( i am too lazy)

Solution

gam0reily

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
well, I dont think they keep ASRock boards around here. Acually ASRock havn't launched their official subsidiary in India. They are just exporting some low end chipset mobos for Intel (G41, etc.) . But when I go to the dealer to put my new system together, definitely will ask for this board. And that is also when I will be able to get the price tags on the 560 ti's.
But that might take a week. :-(

shoot you

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
I have a base unit (Inno3d) and it has reached over 1000Mhz at high voltages but at stock voltage its at a stable 890mhz core clock. You can go for the reference/base model but if you are a stickler for cooling just add a bit more it may help you during hot days.

Status
Not open for further replies.