Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
My PC:
Mobo - P5KR
CPU - Q6600
GPU - GTX550 Ti
RAM - 2x1GB DDR2 800Mhz Corsair
H.D.D.'s - 2x250GB (striped) Seagate

My PSU burned out and I need a new one. I found some Inter-tech PSU of 500W at a good price, but it has no 6pin connectors and I am not really sure it would handle my PC, because I heard Inter-tech not being a quality manufacturer. I am a noob on voltages/wattages and such so any advice would be very welcome.

P.S. I will not be upgrading my pc ever, I just need a PSU that would handle my system on full load, cause seeing fireworks and smoke during a game was not fun at all :)

A 400 watt PSU would run at about 75% of capacity with your system. I would prefer to use a 500 watt PSU.

Great brand: Seasonic. Generally good brands also include Antec and Corsair. It really depends a lot on what is available in your country. Tell us where you are and we can help more.

Antec, Corsair, Seasonic and XFX are probably the 4 brands that always put out good PSU's that live up to their rated power. You really cant go wrong chosing from those brands. Get something in the 450w+ range and you will have a good psu that will last.