  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
September 13, 2005 9:53:52 PM

http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/end...

FAQ.
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!

More about : page nightlife

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:53:53 PM

Thanks for posting that for us

Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another harddrive
or partition?

Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.

No problem for me I have 2 hardrives, one 200 gig and the other 160gig which
are partitioned off.

BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA seems
perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your spelling.

Okay, Denmark speaks Danish and Norway speak Norwegian got it..... I'll
stick with my native language and what little I speak of Spanish and German.

BTW I think it is so cool how something as small as a pc game can bring
together such different people, nationalities and languages into one forum.

Can loving the Sims be hereditary? If so my 10 year old is hooked too. She
had all my old Sims1 expansions on her computer, but now she wants to play
the SIMS2 on hers. Since I don't need the original SIMS2 disks except for
reinstall, I might let he play with it with the blur on and with no custom
downloads. I think I am in trouble!!! LOL

Have a great day and may Nightlife appear soon at your home!

Tina

http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/end...

> FAQ.
> --
>

> Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
> your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:53:54 PM

Tina Hayes wrote:
> Thanks for posting that for us
>
> Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another harddrive
> or partition?
>
> Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
> somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.
>
> No problem for me I have 2 hardrives, one 200 gig and the other 160gig which
> are partitioned off.

What are you talking about? I just installed University and it put it
in a different folder inside Program Files. You don't have to have a
separate drive or partition for each game. That's ridiculous. How many
typical computer users would be able to set something like that up? Not
many, I'm guessing.

Jeanie
September 13, 2005 9:53:54 PM

Tina Hayes wrote:
> Thanks for posting that for us
>
> Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another harddrive
> or partition?

Not that I know of, but then, I didn't have difficulty with installing
except that initially I had a bad disc.

> BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA seems
> perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your spelling.

I type from both sides of the pond, but I'm living in NY. So it's
supposed to be the American slant. There are times though when I prefer
it one way or the other...

-georg
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:53:54 PM

"Tina Hayes" <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for posting that for us
>
> Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another
> harddrive
> or partition?
>
> Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
> somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.
>
> No problem for me I have 2 hardrives, one 200 gig and the other 160gig
> which
> are partitioned off.
>
> BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA
> seems
> perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your
> spelling.
>
> Okay, Denmark speaks Danish and Norway speak Norwegian got it.....
> I'll
> stick with my native language and what little I speak of Spanish and
> German.
>
> BTW I think it is so cool how something as small as a pc game can
> bring
> together such different people, nationalities and languages into one
> forum.
>
> Can loving the Sims be hereditary? If so my 10 year old is hooked too.
> She
> had all my old Sims1 expansions on her computer, but now she wants to
> play
> the SIMS2 on hers. Since I don't need the original SIMS2 disks except
> for
> reinstall, I might let he play with it with the blur on and with no
> custom
> downloads. I think I am in trouble!!! LOL
>
> Have a great day and may Nightlife appear soon at your home!
>
> Tina

I just got through reinstalling Sims 2 plus University and they are both
on my C drive. No problems at all!! I'm now ready for Nightlife. :) )

deene
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:53:55 PM

I just remember back in the beginning there were a lot of us, me included,
who had problem installing into the same directory as SIMS2....for some
silly reason now,which I can not remember. I just remember that I had to
take those steps and was wondering if NL was going to create another
directory challenge.

Now that was before the patch and all, so maybe this past problem is not
even relevant anymore. Who knows???/ I just know that I have them in
different directories and would not have done so unless advised by someone
advising tech support.

God it is heck to be 42 and not remember things as clearly!! LOL

Tina

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Tina Hayes wrote:
> > Thanks for posting that for us
> >
> > Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another
harddrive
> > or partition?
> >
> > Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
> > somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.
> >
> > No problem for me I have 2 hardrives, one 200 gig and the other 160gig
which
> > are partitioned off.
> >
> What are you talking about? I just installed University and it put it
> in a different folder inside Program Files. You don't have to have a
> separate drive or partition for each game. That's ridiculous. How many
> typical computer users would be able to set something like that up? Not
> many, I'm guessing.
>
> Jeanie
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 12:01:51 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:42:32 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
<justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another harddrive
>or partition?

Nightlife, you mean? It'll probably work like Uni, if you don't want
to give it a dedicated subfolder, just do like me, and stuff it under
the main Sims 2 folder and a subcat called expansions :-)

>Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
>somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.

Yeah, I think this is kinda silly, although it does give you the
ability to put EPs on different harddrives or volumes.

>BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA seems
>perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your spelling.

Thank you :-)

>BTW I think it is so cool how something as small as a pc game can bring
>together such different people, nationalities and languages into one forum.

It leads to it's fair share of confusion too, but with even the
slightest openness of one's own mind such trivial things are easily
overcome :-)

>Can loving the Sims be hereditary? If so my 10 year old is hooked too. She

My cousins are sim addicts, and they're adopted from China, so I'm not
so sure LOL, but my mom, nephew and niece are also avid players.

>had all my old Sims1 expansions on her computer, but now she wants to play

*grin* Yeah I dumped my old Sims 1 games on the younglings too :-)

>Have a great day and may Nightlife appear soon at your home!

Thanks a lot Tina, and the same to you... I will pray to the gods
(Maxis and the Postal Service) for a speedy delivery, but I fear I
shall not play until the end of the week :-(
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 12:01:52 AM

Guardian, when I reinstalled Sims 2 and Uni, I just let them both
install the way they wanted to and had no problems. Maybe I'm
misunderstanding what you and Tina are talking about. LOL I wouldn't
doubt it since my mind is jumping here and there. Guess it's waiting on
Nightlife. LOL

deene

> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:42:32 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
> <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another
>>harddrive
>>or partition?
>
> Nightlife, you mean? It'll probably work like Uni, if you don't want
> to give it a dedicated subfolder, just do like me, and stuff it under
> the main Sims 2 folder and a subcat called expansions :-)
>
>>Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
>>somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.
>
> Yeah, I think this is kinda silly, although it does give you the
> ability to put EPs on different harddrives or volumes.
>
>>BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA
>>seems
>>perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your
>>spelling.
>
> Thank you :-)
>
>>BTW I think it is so cool how something as small as a pc game can
>>bring
>>together such different people, nationalities and languages into one
>>forum.
>
> It leads to it's fair share of confusion too, but with even the
> slightest openness of one's own mind such trivial things are easily
> overcome :-)
>
>>Can loving the Sims be hereditary? If so my 10 year old is hooked too.
>>She
>
> My cousins are sim addicts, and they're adopted from China, so I'm not
> so sure LOL, but my mom, nephew and niece are also avid players.
>
>>had all my old Sims1 expansions on her computer, but now she wants to
>>play
>
> *grin* Yeah I dumped my old Sims 1 games on the younglings too :-)
>
>>Have a great day and may Nightlife appear soon at your home!
>
> Thanks a lot Tina, and the same to you... I will pray to the gods
> (Maxis and the Postal Service) for a speedy delivery, but I fear I
> shall not play until the end of the week :-(
> --
>

> Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
> your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 12:22:13 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:04:58 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>I just got through reinstalling Sims 2 plus University and they are both
>on my C drive. No problems at all!! I'm now ready for Nightlife. :) )

Bring on the night! :-=

Vampire smilie? hehe
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 12:23:28 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:09:05 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>Guardian, when I reinstalled Sims 2 and Uni, I just let them both
>install the way they wanted to and had no problems. Maybe I'm
>misunderstanding what you and Tina are talking about. LOL I wouldn't
>doubt it since my mind is jumping here and there. Guess it's waiting on
>Nightlife. LOL

I believe Tina installed them in seperate places, possibly even
seperate drives! But you can indeed install them under a common
folder, it's all up to you :-)
--

Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 12:47:40 AM

I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when
installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all got
first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I remember
wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games being
in the same directory or something like that.

I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find information on
installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly did not
mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.

I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must play
sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download sites
for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)

tina

> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:04:58 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
> wrote:
>
> >I just got through reinstalling Sims 2 plus University and they are both
> >on my C drive. No problems at all!! I'm now ready for Nightlife. :) )
>
> Bring on the night! :-=
>
> Vampire smilie? hehe
> --
>

> Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
> your neighbourhood could be next!
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 12:47:41 AM

>I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when
> installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all
> got
> first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I
> remember
> wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games
> being
> in the same directory or something like that.
>
> I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find
> information on
> installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly
> did not
> mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.
>
> I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must
> play
> sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
> neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download
> sites
> for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)
>
> tina

No, no you didn't! I was just trying to understand more what you were
saying. I remember getting a bad Unleashed disc with Sims 1 and now I
hold my breath each time I install a new EP. LOL

Please don't stay too quiet, I enjoy reading what others post and
hopefully, I learn something new. :)  The more, the merrier.

deene
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 2:46:45 AM

Thanks Deene. I have been more of a lurker, but I am finding it is a hoot to
actually contribute more.

Pegasus hope you know I was just kidding.....my husband is glued to the
computer for work and then for his gaming;sometimes I have no clue in what
mode his computer is being used. We are lucky, we have 5 computers in our
house, so we do not have to share. My husband, daughter and I each have our
own,then my hubby has a work computer, plus his laptop. Convenient since he
telecommutes and works from our house.
Sitting at the computer is not a crime. Was just amazed at how easy it is to
reach you most of the time. It is always a pleasure to read any information
you share in your posts.

Tina

"deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message

> "Tina Hayes" <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
> >I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when
> > installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all
> > got
> > first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I
> > remember
> > wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games
> > being
> > in the same directory or something like that.
> >
> > I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find
> > information on
> > installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly
> > did not
> > mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.
> >
> > I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must
> > play
> > sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
> > neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download
> > sites
> > for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)
> >
> > tina
> >

> No, no you didn't! I was just trying to understand more what you were
> saying. I remember getting a bad Unleashed disc with Sims 1 and now I
> hold my breath each time I install a new EP. LOL
>
> Please don't stay too quiet, I enjoy reading what others post and
> hopefully, I learn something new. :)  The more, the merrier.
>
> deene

Anonymous
September 14, 2005 2:51:25 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:47:40 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
<justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when

You didn't, don't worry about them :-)

>installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all got
>first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I remember
>wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games being
>in the same directory or something like that.

Yeah, I've noticed some of the files in different EPs have identical
names. And some of them are "picked up" by the other game.

>I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find information on
>installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly did not
>mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.
>
>I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must play
>sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
>neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download sites
>for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)

No don't crawl anywhere, nobody meant any offense. Stay! Drink! And be
merry! :-)

Make a new testing neighbourhood... I've gone through about 5 since I
cleaned my game for Nightlife LOL
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

Guardian,

You are hopeless....don't you ever get off the NG??? Or do you live here???

Yeah I know I am one to ask, but I actually have conversed with my family,
called the insurance, called the bank, ordered a birthday present for my
motherinlaw, picked up groceries, ran 2 loads of laundry and then just got
back from taking my darling daughter to have 3 teeth extracted. Fun day, no
time for simming yet. Now there is homework and medical treatment of the
mouth area where the teeth were removed and emotional support for her too.
Probably a good thing NL did not get to Gamestop today, would have no time
to enjoy it.

In any case have a nice evening.

Tina

> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:47:40 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
> <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when
>
> You didn't, don't worry about them :-)
>
> >installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all got
> >first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I remember
> >wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games
being
> >in the same directory or something like that.
>
> Yeah, I've noticed some of the files in different EPs have identical
> names. And some of them are "picked up" by the other game.
>
> >I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find information
on
> >installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly did
not
> >mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.
> >
> >I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must play
> >sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
> >neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download
sites
> >for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)
>
> No don't crawl anywhere, nobody meant any offense. Stay! Drink! And be
> merry! :-)
>
> Make a new testing neighbourhood... I've gone through about 5 since I
> cleaned my game for Nightlife LOL
> --
>

> "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
> such perverted things in a children's game!"
> -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 2:51:27 AM

> Guardian,
>
> You are hopeless....don't you ever get off the NG??? Or do you live
> here???
>
> Yeah I know I am one to ask, but I actually have conversed with my
> family,
> called the insurance, called the bank, ordered a birthday present for
> my
> motherinlaw, picked up groceries, ran 2 loads of laundry and then just
> got
> back from taking my darling daughter to have 3 teeth extracted. Fun
> day, no
> time for simming yet. Now there is homework and medical treatment of
> the
> mouth area where the teeth were removed and emotional support for her
> too.
> Probably a good thing NL did not get to Gamestop today, would have no
> time
> to enjoy it.
>
> In any case have a nice evening.
>
> Tina

LOL the first thing I do when I get on here is look for Guardian because
he will have all the latest news!! heehee AND.......when the game comes
out.........he'll have all the latest things already played and will let
us know how it is or isn't. :) ))))))

deene
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:36:21 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:32:29 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
<justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>You are hopeless....don't you ever get off the NG??? Or do you live here???

Actually, right now, I'm doing computer stuff, and when there's a new
message my computer goes "Ding!" LOL

>Yeah I know I am one to ask, but I actually have conversed with my family,
>called the insurance, called the bank, ordered a birthday present for my
>motherinlaw, picked up groceries, ran 2 loads of laundry and then just got
>back from taking my darling daughter to have 3 teeth extracted. Fun day, no

Hey, whattaya want from me? I already went to the grocery store on the
corner for more Pepsi to last me through the night :-)

>time for simming yet. Now there is homework and medical treatment of the
>mouth area where the teeth were removed and emotional support for her too.

Ow... I hate dentists :-( Well, I hate what they do... :-(

>Probably a good thing NL did not get to Gamestop today, would have no time
>to enjoy it.
>
>In any case have a nice evening.

You too :-)
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"
-Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:47:11 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:43:07 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
wrote:

>LOL the first thing I do when I get on here is look for Guardian because
>he will have all the latest news!! heehee AND.......when the game comes
>out.........he'll have all the latest things already played and will let
>us know how it is or isn't. :) ))))))

LOL *blush*
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"
-Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:52:25 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:46:45 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
<justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>Pegasus hope you know I was just kidding.....my husband is glued to the
>computer for work and then for his gaming;sometimes I have no clue in what

I do, don't worry about it... I'm OBSESSIVE before and during the
first weeks of a new EP release LOL

>mode his computer is being used. We are lucky, we have 5 computers in our
>house, so we do not have to share. My husband, daughter and I each have our
>own,then my hubby has a work computer, plus his laptop. Convenient since he
>telecommutes and works from our house.
>Sitting at the computer is not a crime. Was just amazed at how easy it is to
>reach you most of the time. It is always a pleasure to read any information
>you share in your posts.

Hehe, yeah, I know it's supposed to be like a bulletin board where
people come on and off... I use it more as an IM chat with lengthy
messages LOL

And I'm sick, so I'm pretty much home all the time too. And I'm
surrounded by three computers of my own hehe
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"
-Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:52:26 AM

Pegasus.

Maybe you mentioned previously, but did you ever mention what illness you
have?

I have a bad case of CFIDS and Fibrimyalgia, which would leave me housebound
too except for my 4 wheel mobility scooter which has saved my life. When I
have the energy, I can get around safely and participate in life. On some
real bad days my computer , nor my family sees me for most of the day. It is
quite the emotional and physical rollercoaster.

Right now I am hyped on caffeine so I am awake, but that will change
shortly.Had to be in order to do the errands, today. Never two days are the
same. I have learned to be greatful for the good days and take the bad ones
as they come. I have a wonderful supportive husband and daughter. I have
lived with this for 13 years with various treatments, medicines and advice
from people.

Guess that is what inspires me about the sims2. It represents a life that I
wish I could have.

Tina

> On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:46:45 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
> <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >Pegasus hope you know I was just kidding.....my husband is glued to the
> >computer for work and then for his gaming;sometimes I have no clue in
what

> I do, don't worry about it... I'm OBSESSIVE before and during the
> first weeks of a new EP release LOL
>
> >mode his computer is being used. We are lucky, we have 5 computers in our
> >house, so we do not have to share. My husband, daughter and I each have
our
> >own,then my hubby has a work computer, plus his laptop. Convenient since
he
> >telecommutes and works from our house.
> >Sitting at the computer is not a crime. Was just amazed at how easy it is
> >reach you most of the time. It is always a pleasure to read any
information
> >you share in your posts.
>
> Hehe, yeah, I know it's supposed to be like a bulletin board where
> people come on and off... I use it more as an IM chat with lengthy
> messages LOL
>
> And I'm sick, so I'm pretty much home all the time too. And I'm
> surrounded by three computers of my own hehe
> --
>

> "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
> such perverted things in a children's game!"
> -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:52:27 AM

Tina Hayes wrote:
> I have a bad case of CFIDS and Fibrimyalgia, which would leave me housebound
> too except for my 4 wheel mobility scooter which has saved my life. When I
> have the energy, I can get around safely and participate in life. On some
> real bad days my computer , nor my family sees me for most of the day. It is
> quite the emotional and physical rollercoaster.

Me, I have multiple chemical sensitivities. If it is man-made, I'm
probably allergic. Or perfumed. I have trouble going out in public and
encountering smells. This is a bad week.

-georg
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 6:02:19 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:48:06 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
<justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>Pegasus.
>
>Maybe you mentioned previously, but did you ever mention what illness you
>have?

Well basically I suffer from extremely severe sleep apnea. Let me see
if I can find a post I made recently... hmm.

"I suffer from a couple of potentially life-threatning
conditions, so basically I can't work or study anymore, until I get it
under control. I'm going for a checkup on wednesday, and my doctor
will decide to go for a string of operations or continue to treat it
with medication and a breathing-machine I use at night, so I don't
choke or get a heart attack.. problem is it isn't working. Potentially
I might not be here to log onto the group tomorrow... and my doctor
said it's a miracle I'm still around, given the severity of my
condition. But I'm young (24), and very strong. I have a strong heart,
although it's enlarged from the stress, and I have strong lungs and a
good, strong respitory system. Basically I have one of the worst cases
of sleep apnea ever recorded in medical history. Symptoms and
sideeffects include high bloodpressure(currently 150/90 with meds),
elevated heartrate (100 resting heartrate), low oxygen saturation when
sleeping (56% enough to make you vomit and pass out if you were
awake), memory loss, concentration problems, narcolepsi, problems
sleeping, extreme nausea and headaches (for several hours after I wake
up), weight gain (I crave quick carbos all the time to keep me going).
The redistribution of oxygen from the extremities to the vital organs
causes occasional impotence, and nasty pains and cramps, both in the
nether regions, including testicles as well as muscles, and can also
cause my arms and legs to fall asleep for no reason, which is why I
have to get up and walk around at least a couple of times an hour. I'm
also sleep deprived, and haven't achieved proper sleep including
extended REM sleep for 10-12 years, something which has caused great
bouts of depression and a mild form of paranoia and agoraphobia. For
years I was diagnosed with psychatric conditions. Aversion syndrome,
clinical depression etc. So now I try not to take myself too
seriously, to see things in a humorous light, and to try to enjoy life
as much as possible.

The good news is I'm coping, for the moment anyway. I probably
wouldn't live past 30 if they hadn't diagnosed it. It's sort of a
camoflagued disease because everyone goes "But you seem so alert,
quick witted" etc. and don't understand that it takes all my energy
just to keep up appereances. Some days I just sleep and watch TV,
while I wait for my idiot doctors to come to some kind of decision.
The worst thing that could happen would be a stroke. Luckily I have
low cholesterol etc. and I'm on beta blockers.

Well, I guess that's more than you really wanted to know about me...
LOL. It's just that people are often quick to judge me as lazy or
whatnot :-) "

>I have a bad case of CFIDS and Fibrimyalgia, which would leave me housebound
>too except for my 4 wheel mobility scooter which has saved my life. When I

I'm not completely housebound in that there's nothing wrong with my
mobility, I simply 'choose' not to go out because I'm nauseous and
feel like I have a really bad flu pretty much all the time. Hehe, I
can see you now, driving around on that thing :-D Elder sims should
have those LOL

>have the energy, I can get around safely and participate in life. On some
>real bad days my computer , nor my family sees me for most of the day. It is
>quite the emotional and physical rollercoaster.

I don't know quite how your illness works, but I can definately
sympathize...

>Right now I am hyped on caffeine so I am awake, but that will change
>shortly.Had to be in order to do the errands, today. Never two days are the

I take any non-controlled and non-addictive substances I can find in
addition to some controlled perscription ones as well, painkillers and
whatnot. It goes down well with cola, which also helps my
concentration and keeps me from falling asleep :-)

>same. I have learned to be greatful for the good days and take the bad ones
>as they come. I have a wonderful supportive husband and daughter. I have
>lived with this for 13 years with various treatments, medicines and advice
>from people.
>
>Guess that is what inspires me about the sims2. It represents a life that I
>wish I could have.

I hear that. But even if you were completely healthy I think you'd be
dissappointed. The Sims world is a nearly ideal world :-) It's nice,
and easy, to dream yourself away :-)
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"
-Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 6:02:20 AM

Georg it is not a bad week as long as we have friends and we have today.
Tomorrow will take care of itself.
I am sorry for your difficulties too. Life is so precious however it shows
up in our lives. Are they allergies or sensitivities? Can they be masked or
controlled by medications??? Times like this I really count my blessings.

Pegasus..sorry to make you repost that info. sometimes I don't see messages
for days and days and never catch up reading.

You sound like you have a very strong positive spirit . I am not an overly
religious individual, but my grandma used to tell me that god does not give
us more than we can handle. You sure have an interesting life and
complications too. Good luck at the doctor and I hope you hear some more
positive news. I have mild sleep apnea and they wanted me to use a CPAP, but
I could not handle anything on my face and head. Wearing the equipment made
the sleeplessness worse. They wanted me to have the throat surgery too, but
I chickened out. All my stats are within normal ranges, except my blood
pressure sometimes bottoms out during times when I try to do physical
things, causing dizziness and passing out. I know how to cure that part of
me. I found out by accident 18 months ago, when I suffered from a herniated
disk and had back surgery. I lost 40 pounds at the rehab center and when I
originally came home I had stopped snoring, slept normally and showed no
signs of the apnea. Well the weight was put back on and the snoring
continued. I just have to lose the weight and I will kick this problem right
out of my life. That is my current ongoing struggle.

Pegasus, I sure wish good things for you. You are so kind and funny and
supportive of your fellow simmers. I am guessing that you are this way in
your "real" life too. I sure hope the doctors can help you and I sure hope
God watches over you and does not do something stupid, like take you from
our little community too quickly. Take care of yourself and if you ever
have one of those days where you just want to vent or something like that;
know that I understand the fear, uncertainity and loneliness you might be
feeling. I will listen anytime.

BTW interesting point on the mobility scooter for the elder sims. Now that
we have cars, maybe that will lead to bikes, motorcycles and then mobility
scooters. With all the talented modders and creators who have come up with
some truly incredible meshes so far, no telling how long it will take to
include these things in our games. Probably not too long in sims time. LOL

Tina

> [...]
> concentration and keeps me from falling asleep :-)
>
> >same. I have learned to be greatful for the good days and take the bad
ones
> >as they come. I have a wonderful supportive husband and daughter. I have
> >lived with this for 13 years with various treatments, medicines and
advice
> >from people.
> >
> >Guess that is what inspires me about the sims2. It represents a life that
> >wish I could have.
>
> I hear that. But even if you were completely healthy I think you'd be
> dissappointed. The Sims world is a nearly ideal world :-) It's nice,
> and easy, to dream yourself away :-)
> --
>

> "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
> such perverted things in a children's game!"
> -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
September 14, 2005 10:05:35 AM

On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:54:14 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
<justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

>Pegasus..sorry to make you repost that info. sometimes I don't see messages
>for days and days and never catch up reading.

Don't worry about it one bit, amazing as it sounds, I don't read
*every* message in the group either heheh. No, really! :-)

>You sound like you have a very strong positive spirit . I am not an overly

Thank you, I'm sure I'll be around for some time yet. And chances are
I can eventually make a pretty good recovery.

>religious individual, but my grandma used to tell me that god does not give
>us more than we can handle. You sure have an interesting life and
>complications too. Good luck at the doctor and I hope you hear some more
>positive news. I have mild sleep apnea and they wanted me to use a CPAP, but

Hehe, thanks, but I was actually at the doctor's last wednesday, since
this was a repost from last monday LOL, and the doc says my health is
fair and nominal and we're going to try again with a new setup. My
next checkup is October 19th, if I'm not better by then, I'm going
under the knife! Eek!

>I could not handle anything on my face and head. Wearing the equipment made

Yeah, I'm supposed to use it every night. Trouble is I can't. I ruined
my nose, so the soft tissues sort of sink in, and my nose gets dry and
cloggy and I can't breath worth a damn after 0,5 up to maximum 2
hours, which essentially makes it almost worthless.

>the sleeplessness worse. They wanted me to have the throat surgery too, but

Luckily I have no problem with sleeplessness, as I usually sleep
around 12 hours a day :-\

>I chickened out. All my stats are within normal ranges, except my blood

I'm looking at serious nose surgery, of both the seperating wall and
further in, in the nasal passages and sinuses... in addition to the
throat surgery where they shave off some of the soft tissue, they also
want to take my tonsils and polyps. So basically 3-4 operations
although most relatively minor. And my body heals like nobody's
business. All kinds of bizarre examples... like a 5 inch piece of
steel I had sticking a couple of inches into the side of my knee when
I fell from a second floor balcony... well fell, I was pushed LOL. I
was fairly drunk and dont remember feeling much so I pulled it out and
chucked it away. Put a bandaid on it the next day and it grew in a
matter of a couple of weeks, leaving a little scar. Oh, and then
there's the time I got shot in the calf with a 22 by some neo nazis.
Luckily it was a clean shot so I didn't pay it much attention... it
may have been a ricochet or splinter. I have a ton of examples like
that... lol, so nobody can tell me I've lived a sheltered existence
:-)

>pressure sometimes bottoms out during times when I try to do physical
>things, causing dizziness and passing out. I know how to cure that part of

I hope you drink lots of fluids. It's the only thing that works for my
girlfriend. She's passed out a couple of times from the combination of
heat exhaustion and dehydration.

>me. I found out by accident 18 months ago, when I suffered from a herniated
>disk and had back surgery. I lost 40 pounds at the rehab center and when I
>originally came home I had stopped snoring, slept normally and showed no
>signs of the apnea. Well the weight was put back on and the snoring
>continued. I just have to lose the weight and I will kick this problem right
>out of my life. That is my current ongoing struggle.

I've taken off about 25 pounds since I was diagnosed, but it's not
enough, and I struggle to exercise because of how I feel. I think the
same holds true for a lot of people with apnea. By the time you wake
up you're exhausted, and craving a quick fix, so you eat fatty and
sugary foods etc.

>Pegasus, I sure wish good things for you. You are so kind and funny and
>supportive of your fellow simmers. I am guessing that you are this way in
>your "real" life too. I sure hope the doctors can help you and I sure hope

Aww shucks, thank you so much. I could definately say the same for
you. I like to think that I am, and sometimes it gets me into
trouble... like getting beaten up, getting shot at etc. LOL

>God watches over you and does not do something stupid, like take you from
>our little community too quickly. Take care of yourself and if you ever
>have one of those days where you just want to vent or something like that;
>know that I understand the fear, uncertainity and loneliness you might be
>feeling. I will listen anytime.

Hehe, well, I'm not exactly the most secretive person in the world. I
try to live my life so that I don't have too many regrets. When that
fails, I take it to the punching bag, which has sustained some
grueling hits LOL

>BTW interesting point on the mobility scooter for the elder sims. Now that
>we have cars, maybe that will lead to bikes, motorcycles and then mobility
>scooters. With all the talented modders and creators who have come up with
>some truly incredible meshes so far, no telling how long it will take to
>include these things in our games. Probably not too long in sims time. LOL

Here in norway there is a TON of elders who have electric wheelchairs
etc. it's a real hoot to watch them fly around. You know how other
countries have bike gangs? Well, we have elders in electric
wheelchairs LOL... blue hair, flowing in the wind :-D

I think motorcycles will be hard for modders to do since they're so
radically different. Helicopter too. And the stretch limo is too
long... but I'm sure we'll see lots of other things. Hummers, police
cars :-D
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"
-Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson
Anonymous
September 14, 2005 4:10:01 PM

Tina Hayes wrote:
> Georg it is not a bad week as long as we have friends and we have today.
> Tomorrow will take care of itself.
> I am sorry for your difficulties too. Life is so precious however it shows
> up in our lives. Are they allergies or sensitivities? Can they be masked or
> controlled by medications??? Times like this I really count my blessings.

They are sensitivities, because they don't show up on true IgE allergy
tests. But I react just the same. This is a bad week for the reactions,
is what I meant.

I am allergic to antihistamines and steroids. So far Singulair is
helping a lot. I do take a masking drug, but when my body is
overwhelmed, I react to the masking drug. Every time I try a drug, it
seems to work for a while, and then my body starts reacting to it.
Singulair apparently works in a different way that breaks the chain
elsewhere, and therefore apparently is still helping. Before this
Sunday, I was actually feeling better than I had in a while. On Sunday,
I encountered a huge amount of airborne toxin, and reacted very badly to
it. The only remedy was for me to leave the area immediately.

When I get this bad, it's just lock myself away from other people as
much as possible, and try to eat all natural basic foods, and weed out
the toxins again.

-georg
!