EA help page for Nightlife

24 answers Last reply
More about page nightlife

    Thanks for posting that for us

    Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another harddrive
    or partition?

    Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
    somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.

    No problem for me I have 2 hardrives, one 200 gig and the other 160gig which
    are partitioned off.

    BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA seems
    perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your spelling.

    Okay, Denmark speaks Danish and Norway speak Norwegian got it..... I'll
    stick with my native language and what little I speak of Spanish and German.

    BTW I think it is so cool how something as small as a pc game can bring
    together such different people, nationalities and languages into one forum.

    Can loving the Sims be hereditary? If so my 10 year old is hooked too. She
    had all my old Sims1 expansions on her computer, but now she wants to play
    the SIMS2 on hers. Since I don't need the original SIMS2 disks except for
    reinstall, I might let he play with it with the blur on and with no custom
    downloads. I think I am in trouble!!! LOL

    Have a great day and may Nightlife appear soon at your home!

    Tina

    http://eagames.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/eagames.cfg/php/enduser/sims2_std_alp.php?p_sid=_yWsLrPh&p_lva=&p_li=&p_page=1&p_cv=&p_pv=2.3321&p_prods=474%2C3321&p_cats=0&p_hidden_prods=&prod_lvl1=474&prod_lvl2=3321&cat_lvl1=0&p_search_text=&p_search_type=answers.search_nl&p_new_search=1

    Tina Hayes wrote:
    > Thanks for posting that for us
    >
    > Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another harddrive
    > or partition?
    >
    > Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
    > somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.
    >
    > No problem for me I have 2 hardrives, one 200 gig and the other 160gig which
    > are partitioned off.

    What are you talking about? I just installed University and it put it
    in a different folder inside Program Files. You don't have to have a
    separate drive or partition for each game. That's ridiculous. How many
    typical computer users would be able to set something like that up? Not
    many, I'm guessing.

    Jeanie

    Tina Hayes wrote:
    > Thanks for posting that for us
    >
    > Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another harddrive
    > or partition?

    Not that I know of, but then, I didn't have difficulty with installing
    except that initially I had a bad disc.

    > BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA seems
    > perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your spelling.

    I type from both sides of the pond, but I'm living in NY. So it's
    supposed to be the American slant. There are times though when I prefer
    it one way or the other...

    -georg

    "Tina Hayes" <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks for posting that for us
    >
    > Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another
    > harddrive
    > or partition?
    >
    > Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
    > somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.
    >
    > No problem for me I have 2 hardrives, one 200 gig and the other 160gig
    > which
    > are partitioned off.
    >
    > BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA
    > seems
    > perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your
    > spelling.
    >
    > Okay, Denmark speaks Danish and Norway speak Norwegian got it.....
    > I'll
    > stick with my native language and what little I speak of Spanish and
    > German.
    >
    > BTW I think it is so cool how something as small as a pc game can
    > bring
    > together such different people, nationalities and languages into one
    > forum.
    >
    > Can loving the Sims be hereditary? If so my 10 year old is hooked too.
    > She
    > had all my old Sims1 expansions on her computer, but now she wants to
    > play
    > the SIMS2 on hers. Since I don't need the original SIMS2 disks except
    > for
    > reinstall, I might let he play with it with the blur on and with no
    > custom
    > downloads. I think I am in trouble!!! LOL
    >
    > Have a great day and may Nightlife appear soon at your home!
    >
    > Tina

    I just got through reinstalling Sims 2 plus University and they are both
    on my C drive. No problems at all!! I'm now ready for Nightlife. :))

    deene

    I just remember back in the beginning there were a lot of us, me included,
    who had problem installing into the same directory as SIMS2....for some
    silly reason now,which I can not remember. I just remember that I had to
    take those steps and was wondering if NL was going to create another
    directory challenge.

    Now that was before the patch and all, so maybe this past problem is not
    even relevant anymore. Who knows???/ I just know that I have them in
    different directories and would not have done so unless advised by someone
    advising tech support.

    God it is heck to be 42 and not remember things as clearly!! LOL

    Tina

    "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Tina Hayes wrote:
    > > Thanks for posting that for us
    > >
    > > Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another
    harddrive
    > > or partition?
    > >
    > > Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
    > > somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.
    > >
    > > No problem for me I have 2 hardrives, one 200 gig and the other 160gig
    which
    > > are partitioned off.
    > >
    > What are you talking about? I just installed University and it put it
    > in a different folder inside Program Files. You don't have to have a
    > separate drive or partition for each game. That's ridiculous. How many
    > typical computer users would be able to set something like that up? Not
    > many, I'm guessing.
    >
    > Jeanie

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:42:32 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
    <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

    >Any word on whether this install will need to be put into another harddrive
    >or partition?

    Nightlife, you mean? It'll probably work like Uni, if you don't want
    to give it a dedicated subfolder, just do like me, and stuff it under
    the main Sims 2 folder and a subcat called expansions :-)

    >Remember for most people who installed University, they had to put is
    >somewhere different on the computers than where Sims2 was.

    Yeah, I think this is kinda silly, although it does give you the
    ability to put EPs on different harddrives or volumes.

    >BTW Guardian and Georg your written English for me being in the USA seems
    >perfect. I've never notice the England's slant to some of your spelling.

    Thank you :-)

    >BTW I think it is so cool how something as small as a pc game can bring
    >together such different people, nationalities and languages into one forum.

    It leads to it's fair share of confusion too, but with even the
    slightest openness of one's own mind such trivial things are easily
    overcome :-)

    >Can loving the Sims be hereditary? If so my 10 year old is hooked too. She

    My cousins are sim addicts, and they're adopted from China, so I'm not
    so sure LOL, but my mom, nephew and niece are also avid players.

    >had all my old Sims1 expansions on her computer, but now she wants to play

    *grin* Yeah I dumped my old Sims 1 games on the younglings too :-)

    >Have a great day and may Nightlife appear soon at your home!

    Thanks a lot Tina, and the same to you... I will pray to the gods
    (Maxis and the Postal Service) for a speedy delivery, but I fear I
    shall not play until the end of the week :-(
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    Guardian, when I reinstalled Sims 2 and Uni, I just let them both
    install the way they wanted to and had no problems. Maybe I'm
    misunderstanding what you and Tina are talking about. LOL I wouldn't
    doubt it since my mind is jumping here and there. Guess it's waiting on
    Nightlife. LOL

    deene

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:04:58 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >I just got through reinstalling Sims 2 plus University and they are both
    >on my C drive. No problems at all!! I'm now ready for Nightlife. :))

    Bring on the night! :-=

    Vampire smilie? hehe
    --

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 13:09:05 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >Guardian, when I reinstalled Sims 2 and Uni, I just let them both
    >install the way they wanted to and had no problems. Maybe I'm
    >misunderstanding what you and Tina are talking about. LOL I wouldn't
    >doubt it since my mind is jumping here and there. Guess it's waiting on
    >Nightlife. LOL

    I believe Tina installed them in seperate places, possibly even
    seperate drives! But you can indeed install them under a common
    folder, it's all up to you :-)
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when
    installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all got
    first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I remember
    wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games being
    in the same directory or something like that.

    I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find information on
    installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly did not
    mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.

    I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must play
    sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
    neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download sites
    for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)

    tina

    >I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when
    > installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all
    > got
    > first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I
    > remember
    > wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games
    > being
    > in the same directory or something like that.
    >
    > I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find
    > information on
    > installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly
    > did not
    > mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.
    >
    > I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must
    > play
    > sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
    > neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download
    > sites
    > for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)
    >
    > tina

    No, no you didn't! I was just trying to understand more what you were
    saying. I remember getting a bad Unleashed disc with Sims 1 and now I
    hold my breath each time I install a new EP. LOL

    Please don't stay too quiet, I enjoy reading what others post and
    hopefully, I learn something new. :) The more, the merrier.

    deene

    Thanks Deene. I have been more of a lurker, but I am finding it is a hoot to
    actually contribute more.

    Pegasus hope you know I was just kidding.....my husband is glued to the
    computer for work and then for his gaming;sometimes I have no clue in what
    mode his computer is being used. We are lucky, we have 5 computers in our
    house, so we do not have to share. My husband, daughter and I each have our
    own,then my hubby has a work computer, plus his laptop. Convenient since he
    telecommutes and works from our house.
    Sitting at the computer is not a crime. Was just amazed at how easy it is to
    reach you most of the time. It is always a pleasure to read any information
    you share in your posts.

    Tina

    "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message

    > "Tina Hayes" <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote in message
    > >I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when
    > > installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all
    > > got
    > > first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I
    > > remember
    > > wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games
    > > being
    > > in the same directory or something like that.
    > >
    > > I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find
    > > information on
    > > installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly
    > > did not
    > > mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.
    > >
    > > I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must
    > > play
    > > sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
    > > neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download
    > > sites
    > > for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)
    > >
    > > tina
    > >

    > No, no you didn't! I was just trying to understand more what you were
    > saying. I remember getting a bad Unleashed disc with Sims 1 and now I
    > hold my breath each time I install a new EP. LOL
    >
    > Please don't stay too quiet, I enjoy reading what others post and
    > hopefully, I learn something new. :) The more, the merrier.
    >
    > deene

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:47:40 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
    <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

    >I did not mean to make a big issue, but the other problem we had when

    You didn't, don't worry about them :-)

    >installing the games, besides the thousands of bad discs that we all got
    >first time around with Uni, was the game crashing or similar. I remember
    >wonderful helpful EA tech support thought it had to do with both games being
    >in the same directory or something like that.

    Yeah, I've noticed some of the files in different EPs have identical
    names. And some of them are "picked up" by the other game.

    >I was just asking so I would not be surprised and then find information on
    >installing which included this advice for this pack too... certainly did not
    >mean to alarm anyone who installed Uni and had no problems.
    >
    >I shall go crawl into my little hole now....,'must play sims, must play
    >sims....." problem is I don't want to mess up any of the cleaned
    >neighborhoods or start anything new. I know I will check some download sites
    >for new stuff(like I really need any more downloads!!LOL)

    No don't crawl anywhere, nobody meant any offense. Stay! Drink! And be
    merry! :-)

    Make a new testing neighbourhood... I've gone through about 5 since I
    cleaned my game for Nightlife LOL
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"

    Guardian,

    You are hopeless....don't you ever get off the NG??? Or do you live here???

    Yeah I know I am one to ask, but I actually have conversed with my family,
    called the insurance, called the bank, ordered a birthday present for my
    motherinlaw, picked up groceries, ran 2 loads of laundry and then just got
    back from taking my darling daughter to have 3 teeth extracted. Fun day, no
    time for simming yet. Now there is homework and medical treatment of the
    mouth area where the teeth were removed and emotional support for her too.
    Probably a good thing NL did not get to Gamestop today, would have no time
    to enjoy it.

    In any case have a nice evening.

    Tina

    > Guardian,
    >
    > You are hopeless....don't you ever get off the NG??? Or do you live
    > here???
    >
    > Yeah I know I am one to ask, but I actually have conversed with my
    > family,
    > called the insurance, called the bank, ordered a birthday present for
    > my
    > motherinlaw, picked up groceries, ran 2 loads of laundry and then just
    > got
    > back from taking my darling daughter to have 3 teeth extracted. Fun
    > day, no
    > time for simming yet. Now there is homework and medical treatment of
    > the
    > mouth area where the teeth were removed and emotional support for her
    > too.
    > Probably a good thing NL did not get to Gamestop today, would have no
    > time
    > to enjoy it.
    >
    > In any case have a nice evening.
    >
    > Tina

    LOL the first thing I do when I get on here is look for Guardian because
    he will have all the latest news!! heehee AND.......when the game comes
    out.........he'll have all the latest things already played and will let
    us know how it is or isn't. :)))))))

    deene

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:32:29 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
    <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

    >You are hopeless....don't you ever get off the NG??? Or do you live here???

    Actually, right now, I'm doing computer stuff, and when there's a new
    message my computer goes "Ding!" LOL

    >Yeah I know I am one to ask, but I actually have conversed with my family,
    >called the insurance, called the bank, ordered a birthday present for my
    >motherinlaw, picked up groceries, ran 2 loads of laundry and then just got
    >back from taking my darling daughter to have 3 teeth extracted. Fun day, no

    Hey, whattaya want from me? I already went to the grocery store on the
    corner for more Pepsi to last me through the night :-)

    >time for simming yet. Now there is homework and medical treatment of the
    >mouth area where the teeth were removed and emotional support for her too.

    Ow... I hate dentists :-( Well, I hate what they do... :-(

    >Probably a good thing NL did not get to Gamestop today, would have no time
    >to enjoy it.
    >
    >In any case have a nice evening.

    You too :-)
    --

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 17:43:07 -0500, "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net>
    wrote:

    >LOL the first thing I do when I get on here is look for Guardian because
    >he will have all the latest news!! heehee AND.......when the game comes
    >out.........he'll have all the latest things already played and will let
    >us know how it is or isn't. :)))))))

    LOL *blush*
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"
    -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 22:46:45 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
    <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

    >Pegasus hope you know I was just kidding.....my husband is glued to the
    >computer for work and then for his gaming;sometimes I have no clue in what

    I do, don't worry about it... I'm OBSESSIVE before and during the
    first weeks of a new EP release LOL

    >mode his computer is being used. We are lucky, we have 5 computers in our
    >house, so we do not have to share. My husband, daughter and I each have our
    >own,then my hubby has a work computer, plus his laptop. Convenient since he
    >telecommutes and works from our house.
    >Sitting at the computer is not a crime. Was just amazed at how easy it is to
    >reach you most of the time. It is always a pleasure to read any information
    >you share in your posts.

    Hehe, yeah, I know it's supposed to be like a bulletin board where
    people come on and off... I use it more as an IM chat with lengthy
    messages LOL

    And I'm sick, so I'm pretty much home all the time too. And I'm
    surrounded by three computers of my own hehe
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"
    -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    Pegasus.

    Maybe you mentioned previously, but did you ever mention what illness you
    have?

    I have a bad case of CFIDS and Fibrimyalgia, which would leave me housebound
    too except for my 4 wheel mobility scooter which has saved my life. When I
    have the energy, I can get around safely and participate in life. On some
    real bad days my computer , nor my family sees me for most of the day. It is
    quite the emotional and physical rollercoaster.

    Right now I am hyped on caffeine so I am awake, but that will change
    shortly.Had to be in order to do the errands, today. Never two days are the
    same. I have learned to be greatful for the good days and take the bad ones
    as they come. I have a wonderful supportive husband and daughter. I have
    lived with this for 13 years with various treatments, medicines and advice
    from people.

    Guess that is what inspires me about the sims2. It represents a life that I
    wish I could have.

    Tina

    Tina Hayes wrote:
    > I have a bad case of CFIDS and Fibrimyalgia, which would leave me housebound
    > too except for my 4 wheel mobility scooter which has saved my life. When I
    > have the energy, I can get around safely and participate in life. On some
    > real bad days my computer , nor my family sees me for most of the day. It is
    > quite the emotional and physical rollercoaster.

    Me, I have multiple chemical sensitivities. If it is man-made, I'm
    probably allergic. Or perfumed. I have trouble going out in public and
    encountering smells. This is a bad week.

    -georg

    On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 23:48:06 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
    <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

    >Pegasus.
    >
    >Maybe you mentioned previously, but did you ever mention what illness you
    >have?

    Well basically I suffer from extremely severe sleep apnea. Let me see
    if I can find a post I made recently... hmm.

    "I suffer from a couple of potentially life-threatning
    conditions, so basically I can't work or study anymore, until I get it
    under control. I'm going for a checkup on wednesday, and my doctor
    will decide to go for a string of operations or continue to treat it
    with medication and a breathing-machine I use at night, so I don't
    choke or get a heart attack.. problem is it isn't working. Potentially
    I might not be here to log onto the group tomorrow... and my doctor
    said it's a miracle I'm still around, given the severity of my
    condition. But I'm young (24), and very strong. I have a strong heart,
    although it's enlarged from the stress, and I have strong lungs and a
    good, strong respitory system. Basically I have one of the worst cases
    of sleep apnea ever recorded in medical history. Symptoms and
    sideeffects include high bloodpressure(currently 150/90 with meds),
    elevated heartrate (100 resting heartrate), low oxygen saturation when
    sleeping (56% enough to make you vomit and pass out if you were
    awake), memory loss, concentration problems, narcolepsi, problems
    sleeping, extreme nausea and headaches (for several hours after I wake
    up), weight gain (I crave quick carbos all the time to keep me going).
    The redistribution of oxygen from the extremities to the vital organs
    causes occasional impotence, and nasty pains and cramps, both in the
    nether regions, including testicles as well as muscles, and can also
    cause my arms and legs to fall asleep for no reason, which is why I
    have to get up and walk around at least a couple of times an hour. I'm
    also sleep deprived, and haven't achieved proper sleep including
    extended REM sleep for 10-12 years, something which has caused great
    bouts of depression and a mild form of paranoia and agoraphobia. For
    years I was diagnosed with psychatric conditions. Aversion syndrome,
    clinical depression etc. So now I try not to take myself too
    seriously, to see things in a humorous light, and to try to enjoy life
    as much as possible.

    The good news is I'm coping, for the moment anyway. I probably
    wouldn't live past 30 if they hadn't diagnosed it. It's sort of a
    camoflagued disease because everyone goes "But you seem so alert,
    quick witted" etc. and don't understand that it takes all my energy
    just to keep up appereances. Some days I just sleep and watch TV,
    while I wait for my idiot doctors to come to some kind of decision.
    The worst thing that could happen would be a stroke. Luckily I have
    low cholesterol etc. and I'm on beta blockers.

    Well, I guess that's more than you really wanted to know about me...
    LOL. It's just that people are often quick to judge me as lazy or
    whatnot :-) "

    >I have a bad case of CFIDS and Fibrimyalgia, which would leave me housebound
    >too except for my 4 wheel mobility scooter which has saved my life. When I

    I'm not completely housebound in that there's nothing wrong with my
    mobility, I simply 'choose' not to go out because I'm nauseous and
    feel like I have a really bad flu pretty much all the time. Hehe, I
    can see you now, driving around on that thing :-D Elder sims should
    have those LOL

    >have the energy, I can get around safely and participate in life. On some
    >real bad days my computer , nor my family sees me for most of the day. It is
    >quite the emotional and physical rollercoaster.

    I don't know quite how your illness works, but I can definately
    sympathize...

    >Right now I am hyped on caffeine so I am awake, but that will change
    >shortly.Had to be in order to do the errands, today. Never two days are the

    I take any non-controlled and non-addictive substances I can find in
    addition to some controlled perscription ones as well, painkillers and
    whatnot. It goes down well with cola, which also helps my
    concentration and keeps me from falling asleep :-)

    >same. I have learned to be greatful for the good days and take the bad ones
    >as they come. I have a wonderful supportive husband and daughter. I have
    >lived with this for 13 years with various treatments, medicines and advice
    >from people.
    >
    >Guess that is what inspires me about the sims2. It represents a life that I
    >wish I could have.

    I hear that. But even if you were completely healthy I think you'd be
    dissappointed. The Sims world is a nearly ideal world :-) It's nice,
    and easy, to dream yourself away :-)
    --

    "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    such perverted things in a children's game!"
    -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    Georg it is not a bad week as long as we have friends and we have today.
    Tomorrow will take care of itself.
    I am sorry for your difficulties too. Life is so precious however it shows
    up in our lives. Are they allergies or sensitivities? Can they be masked or
    controlled by medications??? Times like this I really count my blessings.

    Pegasus..sorry to make you repost that info. sometimes I don't see messages
    for days and days and never catch up reading.

    You sound like you have a very strong positive spirit . I am not an overly
    religious individual, but my grandma used to tell me that god does not give
    us more than we can handle. You sure have an interesting life and
    complications too. Good luck at the doctor and I hope you hear some more
    positive news. I have mild sleep apnea and they wanted me to use a CPAP, but
    I could not handle anything on my face and head. Wearing the equipment made
    the sleeplessness worse. They wanted me to have the throat surgery too, but
    I chickened out. All my stats are within normal ranges, except my blood
    pressure sometimes bottoms out during times when I try to do physical
    things, causing dizziness and passing out. I know how to cure that part of
    me. I found out by accident 18 months ago, when I suffered from a herniated
    disk and had back surgery. I lost 40 pounds at the rehab center and when I
    originally came home I had stopped snoring, slept normally and showed no
    signs of the apnea. Well the weight was put back on and the snoring
    continued. I just have to lose the weight and I will kick this problem right
    out of my life. That is my current ongoing struggle.

    Pegasus, I sure wish good things for you. You are so kind and funny and
    supportive of your fellow simmers. I am guessing that you are this way in
    your "real" life too. I sure hope the doctors can help you and I sure hope
    God watches over you and does not do something stupid, like take you from
    our little community too quickly. Take care of yourself and if you ever
    have one of those days where you just want to vent or something like that;
    know that I understand the fear, uncertainity and loneliness you might be
    feeling. I will listen anytime.

    BTW interesting point on the mobility scooter for the elder sims. Now that
    we have cars, maybe that will lead to bikes, motorcycles and then mobility
    scooters. With all the talented modders and creators who have come up with
    some truly incredible meshes so far, no telling how long it will take to
    include these things in our games. Probably not too long in sims time. LOL

    Tina

> [...]
    > concentration and keeps me from falling asleep :-)
    >
    > >same. I have learned to be greatful for the good days and take the bad
    ones
    > >as they come. I have a wonderful supportive husband and daughter. I have
    > >lived with this for 13 years with various treatments, medicines and
    advice
    > >from people.
    > >
    > >Guess that is what inspires me about the sims2. It represents a life that
    > >wish I could have.
    >
    > I hear that. But even if you were completely healthy I think you'd be
    > dissappointed. The Sims world is a nearly ideal world :-) It's nice,
    > and easy, to dream yourself away :-)
    > --
    >

    > "I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
    > such perverted things in a children's game!"
    > -Imaginary press conference in response to Jack Thompson

    On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 01:54:14 GMT, "Tina Hayes"
    <justsimz@carolina.rr.com> wrote:

    >Pegasus..sorry to make you repost that info. sometimes I don't see messages
    >for days and days and never catch up reading.

    Don't worry about it one bit, amazing as it sounds, I don't read
    *every* message in the group either heheh. No, really! :-)

    >You sound like you have a very strong positive spirit . I am not an overly

    Thank you, I'm sure I'll be around for some time yet. And chances are
    I can eventually make a pretty good recovery.

    >religious individual, but my grandma used to tell me that god does not give
    >us more than we can handle. You sure have an interesting life and
    >complications too. Good luck at the doctor and I hope you hear some more
    >positive news. I have mild sleep apnea and they wanted me to use a CPAP, but

    Hehe, thanks, but I was actually at the doctor's last wednesday, since
    this was a repost from last monday LOL, and the doc says my health is
    fair and nominal and we're going to try again with a new setup. My
    next checkup is October 19th, if I'm not better by then, I'm going
    under the knife! Eek!

    >I could not handle anything on my face and head. Wearing the equipment made

    Yeah, I'm supposed to use it every night. Trouble is I can't. I ruined
    my nose, so the soft tissues sort of sink in, and my nose gets dry and
    cloggy and I can't breath worth a damn after 0,5 up to maximum 2
    hours, which essentially makes it almost worthless.

    >the sleeplessness worse. They wanted me to have the throat surgery too, but

    Luckily I have no problem with sleeplessness, as I usually sleep
    around 12 hours a day :-\

    >I chickened out. All my stats are within normal ranges, except my blood

    I'm looking at serious nose surgery, of both the seperating wall and
    further in, in the nasal passages and sinuses... in addition to the
    throat surgery where they shave off some of the soft tissue, they also
    want to take my tonsils and polyps. So basically 3-4 operations
    although most relatively minor. And my body heals like nobody's
    business. All kinds of bizarre examples... like a 5 inch piece of
    steel I had sticking a couple of inches into the side of my knee when
    I fell from a second floor balcony... well fell, I was pushed LOL. I
    was fairly drunk and dont remember feeling much so I pulled it out and
    chucked it away. Put a bandaid on it the next day and it grew in a
    matter of a couple of weeks, leaving a little scar. Oh, and then
    there's the time I got shot in the calf with a 22 by some neo nazis.
    Luckily it was a clean shot so I didn't pay it much attention... it
    may have been a ricochet or splinter. I have a ton of examples like
    that... lol, so nobody can tell me I've lived a sheltered existence
    :-)

    >pressure sometimes bottoms out during times when I try to do physical
    >things, causing dizziness and passing out. I know how to cure that part of

    I hope you drink lots of fluids. It's the only thing that works for my
    girlfriend. She's passed out a couple of times from the combination of
    heat exhaustion and dehydration.

    >me. I found out by accident 18 months ago, when I suffered from a herniated
    >disk and had back surgery. I lost 40 pounds at the rehab center and when I
    >originally came home I had stopped snoring, slept normally and showed no
    >signs of the apnea. Well the weight was put back on and the snoring
    >continued. I just have to lose the weight and I will kick this problem right
    >out of my life. That is my current ongoing struggle.

    I've taken off about 25 pounds since I was diagnosed, but it's not
    enough, and I struggle to exercise because of how I feel. I think the
    same holds true for a lot of people with apnea. By the time you wake
    up you're exhausted, and craving a quick fix, so you eat fatty and
    sugary foods etc.

    >Pegasus, I sure wish good things for you. You are so kind and funny and
    >supportive of your fellow simmers. I am guessing that you are this way in
    >your "real" life too. I sure hope the doctors can help you and I sure hope

    Aww shucks, thank you so much. I could definately say the same for
    you. I like to think that I am, and sometimes it gets me into
    trouble... like getting beaten up, getting shot at etc. LOL

    >God watches over you and does not do something stupid, like take you from
    >our little community too quickly. Take care of yourself and if you ever
    >have one of those days where you just want to vent or something like that;
    >know that I understand the fear, uncertainity and loneliness you might be
    >feeling. I will listen anytime.

    Hehe, well, I'm not exactly the most secretive person in the world. I
    try to live my life so that I don't have too many regrets. When that
    fails, I take it to the punching bag, which has sustained some
    grueling hits LOL

    >BTW interesting point on the mobility scooter for the elder sims. Now that
    >we have cars, maybe that will lead to bikes, motorcycles and then mobility
    >scooters. With all the talented modders and creators who have come up with
    >some truly incredible meshes so far, no telling how long it will take to
    >include these things in our games. Probably not too long in sims time. LOL

    Here in norway there is a TON of elders who have electric wheelchairs
    etc. it's a real hoot to watch them fly around. You know how other
    countries have bike gangs? Well, we have elders in electric
    wheelchairs LOL... blue hair, flowing in the wind :-D

    I think motorcycles will be hard for modders to do since they're so
    radically different. Helicopter too. And the stretch limo is too
    long... but I'm sure we'll see lots of other things. Hummers, police
    cars :-D
    --

    Tina Hayes wrote:
    > Georg it is not a bad week as long as we have friends and we have today.
    > Tomorrow will take care of itself.
    > I am sorry for your difficulties too. Life is so precious however it shows
    > up in our lives. Are they allergies or sensitivities? Can they be masked or
    > controlled by medications??? Times like this I really count my blessings.

    They are sensitivities, because they don't show up on true IgE allergy
    tests. But I react just the same. This is a bad week for the reactions,
    is what I meant.

    I am allergic to antihistamines and steroids. So far Singulair is
    helping a lot. I do take a masking drug, but when my body is
    overwhelmed, I react to the masking drug. Every time I try a drug, it
    seems to work for a while, and then my body starts reacting to it.
    Singulair apparently works in a different way that breaks the chain
    elsewhere, and therefore apparently is still helping. Before this
    Sunday, I was actually feeling better than I had in a while. On Sunday,
    I encountered a huge amount of airborne toxin, and reacted very badly to
    it. The only remedy was for me to leave the area immediately.

    When I get this bad, it's just lock myself away from other people as
    much as possible, and try to eat all natural basic foods, and weed out
    the toxins again.

    -georg

Sims Games Video Games