Sign in with
Your question

Gaming machines

Last response: in Systems
October 1, 2009 6:21:20 PM

Anybody like to configure pc's? I am looking to spend about $1k I want a machine that will be able to handle anything I throw at it for the 5 yrs or hopefully longer. I have been using my P4 3.06ghz since it hit the street.

More about : gaming machines

October 1, 2009 6:57:31 PM

Theres a sticky that describes the proper methodology for getting help. It helps us determine your needs to we can better help you. I suggest you check it out
October 1, 2009 7:28:39 PM

omfgnoogies said:
Theres a sticky that describes the proper methodology for getting help. It helps us determine your needs to we can better help you. I suggest you check it out

good idea. When I asked the question it was loaded with a registration form. I didnt know it was being posted to a forum. thanks
Related resources
a b 4 Gaming
October 1, 2009 7:51:05 PM

Yeah the form helps ALOT, and be as detailed as you can. PS.. good luck on the whole 5+ year thing if you plan to play games, if not... you might survive. $1K on a non gamer can get you ALOT. On a gamer it will get you something decent.
October 1, 2009 8:04:57 PM

Well when I say gamer I have played a lot of warcraft so a old machine goes a long way... :lol:  I am sure there will be another good game like that someday...
a b 4 Gaming
October 1, 2009 8:10:13 PM

Honestly I'd suggest a big fat 26" LCD and a moderate video card. You will enjoy the high resolution for WOW. The rest can be like an i5 or Phenom II. Do you need an OS to? Vista 64bit?
October 1, 2009 8:17:59 PM

I spend my time in wow just staring at the screen doing nothing. So I will be trying out lots of new games. I am waiting for the next best thing to come along as far as mmos I hope star trek online will be that game... Im sure it will probably disapoint though. I did throw up one of those preprinted forms of info goodness though. So I hope to get some good help.
!