Gaming machines

Anybody like to configure pc's? I am looking to spend about $1k I want a machine that will be able to handle anything I throw at it for the 5 yrs or hopefully longer. I have been using my P4 3.06ghz since it hit the street.
6 answers Last reply
More about gaming machines
  1. Theres a sticky that describes the proper methodology for getting help. It helps us determine your needs to we can better help you. I suggest you check it out
  2. omfgnoogies said:
    Theres a sticky that describes the proper methodology for getting help. It helps us determine your needs to we can better help you. I suggest you check it out

good idea. When I asked the question it was loaded with a registration form. I didnt know it was being posted to a forum. thanks
  3. Yeah the form helps ALOT, and be as detailed as you can. PS.. good luck on the whole 5+ year thing if you plan to play games, if not... you might survive. $1K on a non gamer can get you ALOT. On a gamer it will get you something decent.
  4. Well when I say gamer I have played a lot of warcraft so a old machine goes a long way... :lol: I am sure there will be another good game like that someday...
  5. Honestly I'd suggest a big fat 26" LCD and a moderate video card. You will enjoy the high resolution for WOW. The rest can be like an i5 or Phenom II. Do you need an OS to? Vista 64bit?
  6. I spend my time in wow just staring at the screen doing nothing. So I will be trying out lots of new games. I am waiting for the next best thing to come along as far as mmos I hope star trek online will be that game... Im sure it will probably disapoint though. I did throw up one of those preprinted forms of info goodness though. So I hope to get some good help.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Configuration Systems