Jason761

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009

I changed to 9 but when i went to CPU-Z i got 6.

Change it to manual then...?

How to Lock Multiplier and turn off Speed Step

Step 1
Enter Bios

Step 2
Go to Advanced Tab

Step 3
CPU Configuration press Enter

Step4
CPU Ratio Adjustment set to whatever the max is for your CPU I beleive it is 9 for a Q6600

Step 5
Disable C1E Support

Step 6
If the Intel SpeedStep one is still there disable it. It should disapear though when you lock the multiplier to a set number.

After you completed this you will have disabled speedstep completly.

How To Overclock The CPU

Preperations: Make sure you have adequate cooling for your case and processor

Step 1
On the same Advanced menu Go to JumperFree Configuration

Step 2
AI overclocking Set to Manual

Step 3
CPU Frequency-This Is the actual bus speed for your CPU so whatever you set this to you multiply it by your multiplier you just locked it too which I beleive will be 9. So lets say you want 3.0 GHZ. You will set this to 334mhz which will be multiplied by 9 will give you a clock speed of 3.0GHZ

Now you should be overclocked when you save and restart the computer for now leave the voltages alone and let the bios set them If you become unstable you will have to raise the Vcore up a little the Max voltage intel recomends is 1.5volts so I would make sure I stay under that

Good Luck hope this helps.

Jason761

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
Oh but i'm sure it might because before all this upgrading and messing around and hacking my mobo it was all fine. Like all the stock stuff. Cooled like 20 -30oC in idle.
Now its horrible its like 40-50 in idle. My ambient temp is like room temperature normal room temp.