Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pentium D and WINDOWS 7

Last response: in CPUs
Share
December 19, 2009 11:58:33 AM

Hi,
I have a processor PENTIUM D 2.66 GHZ 64-bit. Can I install WINDOWS 7 32-bit.
I'm from Poland, and in Polish forums nobody can help me.

More about : pentium windows

a b à CPUs
December 19, 2009 12:03:53 PM

Yes you can run 32 bit Windows 7 on that computer, although you should try to get a 64 bit OS to fully use your computer.
December 19, 2009 12:05:20 PM

Great thanks.
Related resources
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2009 12:06:00 PM

berkas97 said:
Great thanks.


no problem.
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2009 1:54:05 PM

Windows 7 runs great on a pentium D. I know because I am doing it.
December 19, 2009 2:51:12 PM

BadTrip said:
Windows 7 runs great on a pentium D. I know because I am doing it.


What graphic card you have?
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2009 3:16:53 PM

First off due to lighting strike my main pc is down at the moment. No renters insurance = BAD, lol. But I am running a Pentium D 930, 2 gigs RAM, Nvidia 7600 GS, and Windows 7 ultimate. The pc runs better now than when I had XP on it.
December 19, 2009 4:13:28 PM

I've got a nVidia 7600GT and PENTIUM D 805 overlock to 2.80GHZ from 2.66GHZ, 2GB RAM. Now i know that in my PC WINDOWS 7 run. Thanks for help.
a b à CPUs
December 19, 2009 4:13:59 PM

no prob.
February 14, 2012 11:23:20 AM

Is it windows seven 32 bit or 64bit?
I have pentium D 8o5 2.66Ghz, DGS 865 mobo, upon windows & installer advice I may have problem with Realtech 97 broadband and Sound drivers. Can any one suggest?
February 14, 2012 11:26:36 AM

berkas97 said:
I've got a nVidia 7600GT and PENTIUM D 805 overlock to 2.80GHZ from 2.66GHZ, 2GB RAM. Now i know that in my PC WINDOWS 7 run. Thanks for help.


What mother board and memory? I have same CPU & Graphic, DDR 2GB pc3200.
Is yours windows 32 or 64 bit?.
August 18, 2012 7:20:30 PM

ashkal said:
What mother board and memory? I have same CPU & Graphic, DDR 2GB pc3200.
Is yours windows 32 or 64 bit?.


Im using 1gb of ram, Intel 945G intergrated graphics and a Pentium 4 HT 3.2ghz single core and I'm running Windows 7 OS with Service Package 1 installed and been running for a week or two and is running great so I am sure if you have the same specs as him you'll run Windows 7 64-bit perfectly.
August 18, 2012 7:20:34 PM

DDR2 PC-400 512mbx2 is my ram at 800mhz... and my motherboard is the Dell 091 or something like that is standard and came with the PC, Windows 7 requirements have gone down so you should be able to run it.
April 3, 2013 1:33:46 PM

berkas97 said:
Hi,
I have a processor PENTIUM D 2.66 GHZ 64-bit. Can I install WINDOWS 7 32-bit.
I'm from Poland, and in Polish forums nobody can help me.


If you can - try and upgrade to core 2 Duo CPU - the Pentium D range really were poor cpus - hot and slow.. your model was awful too - try and find a E6600 cpu on ebay..

!