PLZ HELP ME WITH THIS....

alpha_arif

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
It has been 2 years im using this PC of mine... My configuration's are:- MSI 945GCM7 (mother board), Intel DUEL CORE(2.20) (processor), 80GB SATA HDD, 1GB RAM, And 1 GIGABYTE GEFORCE 8400 series PCI express. when i added this graphics card 2 my PC. I'hv faced many problems while playing any high/low graphics games. I'hv already asked 4 help about this matter here at TOMS HARDWARE forum but nothing helped me solve that problem.......... So what i did was i removed my PCI and tried to play low graphics games using my built-in VGA drive......... but sigh............ now when ever i try to play something it runs for a while but after about 10-15 my PC restarts automatically........................ i just don't know what 2 do..................... PLZ who ever gets to read this Message please give me a solution to my problem.......... i will w8 for your reply...................... Thank you....

AMW1011

Distinguished
Download a thing called speedfan.

Monitor all your temps while playing a demanding game on windowed mode. The CPU should never reach 65-70c and the GPU should never reach much over 80c.

If anything is too high then that's your problem.

Now download the latest drivers for your card and motherboard. Do not install them yet. Download a program called driver sweeper. Now unistall all your graphics and motherboard drivers. Reboot and go into safe mode which means you need to repeated press F8 most likely, sometimes depends on the motherboard. Now when in windows and in safe mode run driver sweeper and delete all nVidia and Intel drivers. Now install the new drivers, you may need to exit safe mode and go into regular mode by rebooting.

If that does not work then download Prime95 and Realtemp. Open up realtemp and run Prime95 and see if you get errors. Monitor Realtemp and if the CPU cores go hit 70c or more then stop Prime95 immediately. Prime95 will stop the test if any errors are found

If that if all has failed or the last suggestion works then download and burn as an image Memtest86 onto a CD. Put the CD in the drive and reboot make sure the disk priority is disk drive first. It should come up automatically and start testing the RAM. Give it a good few hours until it completes the second pass. If it does not complete and throws up errors then the RAM is bad.