DanielC_22

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Solution
Yes, you should get higher FPS using another card for PhysX as that will take load off of the primary card (or CPU) allowing it to render the game faster.
A quick run through the PSU calc shows you should be OK as long as that PSU puts out as advertised. I am not familiar with that brand however, so I am not sure if it will. That said, if after you try running PhysX on your GT alone you think FPS are too low, I see no reason why you shouldn't try putting the GS in for PhysX. If due to old/poor quality the PSU is insufficient, you will probably have some random restarts/crashes. However, for those cards and assuming nothing is OC'ed, I think you probably should be fine.

DanielC_22

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Just to make sure,

After installing the 2nd video card,

1. Go to nvidia control panel
2. Click on pyhsX config
3. Dot in "Enable on the video card i was to run physx"

and that's it?

lol just seems a little to simple

Did I do it right?

Yep, that should be it I'd think. It should be fairly simple. The only extra thing I'd suggest doing is check NVidia's site and make sure you have the newest PhysX driver (I think each game that uses PhysX should update this, but no harm in checking.

DanielC_22

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
Computer rig

mobo: EVGA 680i

CPU: Q8200 2.3Ghz quad core

RAM: 4gb 800ghz

Video card: EVGA 8800GT + XFX 8800GS for PhysX

High physX enabled

Highphysx.jpg

Normal PhysX enabled

NormalphysX.jpg

PhysX turned off in game setting

physxsettingsoningame.jpg

DanielC_22

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
I didnt see a BIG difference in running physX and not running physX, If you don't have a physX card it will run very smooth without physx on. If you do then it will run smooth with physX on. PhysX did NOT change the game play, just eye candy pretty much, Nothing to worry about getting if you don't have a physx card but if you have a 2nd video card, this is a good way to put it to use.