Question about upgrading Motherboard

Hey guys I got a question for some of you gurus out there. I'm running an AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Dual Core Processor with a ECS Nettle2 Motherboard. I want to upgrade the processor to something that will help my gaming fps. I just bought a new ati HD 5650 and still havent noticed much fps increase, what will it take to stop the bottlenecking I think I may be seeing by the processor.

SR5123WM = Computer Model

http://reviews.walmart.com/1336/5982772/reviews.htm
5 answers Last reply
More about question upgrading motherboard
  1. With compaq systems, it's impossible to change boards without losing your operating system. You'll need a regular windows cd to reactivate your operating system. To increase performance, you'll need a micro atx board to fit your case with overclocking features. You are fortunate that your compaq power supply will power the new video card. If you want to try a different cpu, I recommend the propus 620 or 630 with msi 6150se board. I have set the msi k9n6pgmv2-v2 at 240 fsb for the cpu and 1:1.66 for the memory ratio and got a propus 620 running at 3100; both are inexpensive upgrades if you don't mind reinstalling your operating system.
  2. I like oldies suggestions. There are some nice combos that I really like right now with the Ph II X3 435:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductCombos.aspx?Item=N82E16819103724&SubCategory=343&SortField=0&PageSize=10&page=1

This processor runs with the Propus X4's but costs $75. The Biostar micro atx is a good budget board. Avoid boards that are strictly AM3, unless you also wish to upgrade your ram to DDR3.
  3. BTW, it looks like your PC only supports PC2 5300 memory. So you may wish to think about a ram upgrade, that memory is quite slow in comparison to today's standards. I recommend two gigs at a minimum.
  4. buzznut said:
    BTW, it looks like your PC only supports PC2 5300 memory. So you may wish to think about a ram upgrade, that memory is quite slow in comparison to today's standards. I recommend two gigs at a minimum.

I upgraded my power supply to 680w from the 200 that was in it. I upgraded the ram to 4 gigs and also updated from vista to Windows7. Theres nothing else I can do to make my fps go up in games? I play mostly World of Warcraft and we have huge raids which mean alot of people doing alot of things at once and my fps drops down to 9 FPS in a 25 man raid.
  5. Widows xp may be faster for frame rates. But I still prefer 7 for everyday tasks.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Processors Product