Sign in with
Your question

To those who wonder if CM Hyper 212 plus will clear RAM Socket....

Last response: in Overclocking
January 5, 2012 11:37:39 PM

Hope this helps because I saw some threads from people wondering if the Hyper 212 plus clears the RAM sockets.

The Corsair Vengeance LP RAM will clear the RAM socket close to the heatsink/fan. The exact ram is the one with the blue jackets on them. Before installing the fan on the heatsink, I put the RAM in. After putting the fan on, there were now clearance issues.

Hope this helps because I saw some threads from people wondering if the Hyper 212 plus clears the RAM sockets.

Easy advice: Before putting the fan on the heatsink, put the RAM in first.

-16GB RAM
Motherboard: Asus Gen3 Pro (P8Z68)
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2012 12:00:32 AM

There are thousand of threads and they will continue to pop up because most people don't search, thanks though. The only ram you have to worry about is the ones with high heatsinks like the regular vengeance, geil corsa, etc.

January 6, 2012 4:52:51 PM

k1114 said:
There are thousand of threads and they will continue to pop up because most people don't search, thanks though. The only ram you have to worry about is the ones with high heatsinks like the regular vengeance, geil corsa, etc.

http://images17.newegg.com/is/image/newegg/20-145-346-TS?$S300W$

I thought it would quell recent questions :)  You're right about that heatsink. That's why I opted for the LP ones.
Related resources
a c 190 K Overclocking
January 6, 2012 6:32:23 PM

^They don't research too well and are too scared to file/cut a few mm off :p  (Heatsink or ram)
Moto
January 7, 2012 1:12:08 AM

Motopsychojdn said:
^They don't research too well and are too scared to file/cut a few mm off :p  (Heatsink or ram)
Moto

I just thought I heard Tim Allen say, r r r r r r r r ...I rewired it....I sawed it to make it fit :) 
a c 190 K Overclocking
January 7, 2012 7:07:35 AM

Hehe, Yeah, McGyver, Tim allen, the mythbusters team and me, we all fell from the same tree man...
Then we cut it down with a pocketknife and string :p 
Moto
!