Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Best cpu cooler for cm scout case?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
January 6, 2012 2:06:14 AM

What is the best Cpu cooler in absolute cooling ability, and bang for buck; assuming overclocking the i5-2500k, and cooler fits in cm scout case?

My build:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard

Memory: Kingston HyperX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 570 SO 1.25GB Video Card

Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout ATX Mid Tower Case


I know a lot of people suggest the Hyper 212+, but I want to know if there is a really good one out there to really test the CPU overclocking ability.

Is the Hyper 212+ even the best bang for the buck?

Hope to get some insight from people with the cm scout case.

More about : cpu cooler scout case

Best solution

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 6, 2012 2:31:48 AM

I believe the 212+ is a great bang for the buck. As far as fit goes, I'm using a Cooler Master V8 in my Scout case. With its' size, I would say that fit won't be an issue with any cooler. The CM 520N is also a good cooler, with dual offset fans.
Share
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
January 6, 2012 2:42:28 AM

Yeah the 212+ is great bang for the buck.
I would recommend the EVO which is replacing the 212+.
Score
0
Related resources
January 6, 2012 5:37:54 PM

Best answer selected by psychodegu.
Score
0
January 6, 2012 5:38:44 PM

jockey said:
I believe the 212+ is a great bang for the buck. As far as fit goes, I'm using a Cooler Master V8 in my Scout case. With its' size, I would say that fit won't be an issue with any cooler. The CM 520N is also a good cooler, with dual offset fans.


Thanks for the help I like the look and reviews for the V8!
Score
0
January 6, 2012 5:47:38 PM

You can also check out Prolimatech's Armageddon ... i have it in my rig and it does the job nicely, you can run it without a fan also.


Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Score
0
a c 120 à CPUs
a c 183 K Overclocking
January 7, 2012 7:41:03 PM

psychodegu said:
Thanks for the help I like the look and reviews for the V8!

The V8 is poopy dude!
Score
0
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
January 7, 2012 8:02:07 PM

davcon said:
The V8 is poopy dude!

You're right. Mine is a bear to clean properly. Have to remove it and take out the fan to do an efficient cleaning. Added a front fan to my case directly in front of the cooler, which helps. I must say though, when its clean it cools very well.
Score
0
January 7, 2012 9:59:58 PM

jockey said:
You're right. Mine is a bear to clean properly. Have to remove it and take out the fan to do an efficient cleaning. Added a front fan to my case directly in front of the cooler, which helps. I must say though, when its clean it cools very well.


You know I didn't think about the cleaning aspect. With the plastic top and fan it would be hard to clean. Guess that changed my mind since there are other coolers the same price range that cool as well.
Score
0
a c 201 à CPUs
a c 147 K Overclocking
January 7, 2012 10:05:50 PM

4.4 - 4.5 GHz Hyper 212
4.6 - 4.7 Ghz Hyper 612 or Mugen 3
4.8 - 5.0+ Ghz Silver Arrow
Score
0
January 8, 2012 3:11:02 PM

what about the cm v6 gt.
Score
0
January 8, 2012 7:31:39 PM

adster said:
what about the cm v6 gt.


doesn't that under preform to even the cm v8?
Score
0
!