[SOLVED] [ASUS m2n-sli deluxe] PS failure...now no usb ports working

hi everyone....found this forum doing a google search for my onboard usb port failures.

anyways, i have a custom rig with the m2n-sli deluxe mobo. i had low voltage at my house according to edison and had power supply failure last week (my system was running just fine before) and so bought a new power supply (OCZ fatal1ty 550w). i install the new PS and clean my rig up and go to start it and no usb ports are working; none of the back ones and neither are my sides ones. i've tried unplugging all my Pnp's and just running my graphics card and mouse/keyboard with no luck; cleared CMOS; and left my computer unplugged for 1-2hrs (all things that i saw to do while searching on the internet). i obviously cant get into my device manager or windows repair because i have no screen.

any suggestions on what to do? thanks

system specs
AMD X2 AM2 6000+ Processor
4gb Corsair XMS2 Ram
ASUS M2n-SLI deluxe mobo
OCZ Fatal1ty 550w power supply
ati radeon x1800 gfx card
creative sound audio card
artic cooling freezer
- i think this is all the important stuff you guys need to know
3 answers Last reply
More about solved asus deluxe failure ports working
  1. Can you even get into the bios. If you can see if the USB controller is enabled and set to full speed.
  2. saaiello said:
    Can you even get into the bios. If you can see if the USB controller is enabled and set to full speed.

nope i cannot get into bios. i have no image showing up on my monitor and cannot use my keyboard or mouse since i have no usb's
  3. removed 3 of the 4 ram sticks and was able to fix the problem.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards USB