212 evo 2 120mm vs h100?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
id like real watercooling but dont want to pay for it and dont want to risk getting my components ruined

Watercooling is a pretty expensive hobby, but you only ruin components if you don't do your homework, do a crap job on assembly and don't leak test before powering up.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Why would you need to leak test a closed loop cooler? It's sealed from the factory and doesn't need to be filled.

And no it wouldn't- you would simply run a molex/fan header splitter and jumper your PSU like you would with any other water loop fill to kick a pump on...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
nono i mean , the tubeing isnt long and id have to lift the MB up with a radiator on it once i test it outside of the case to be sure everythings fine

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying...

Yes, you can easily power it up outside the case and not have it attached to anything at all except for power. You just need to disconnect your motherboard ATX 24 pin plug and jumper any green and black wire in the plug to power your PSU on for your 12v. You'd simply need to run a molex-to-fan header adapter to the pump unit. This is how we fill, bleed and leak test watercooling loops, but you shouldn't need to do this with a closed loop cooler- it's factory filled and sealed. Just look at the tubing/fittings closely to see if there are any leaks or any signs of coolant, install the cooler and power up as usual, when ready to do so. Keep an eye on all areas of the cooler, specifically around the pump/block portion and tubing connections on the pump as well as the radiator.

I decided to get the h80 over the rasa rx 120 because im not ready yet. Maybe next year :)

Status
Not open for further replies.