SAPPHIRE 100253HDMI Radeon HD 4650

I'm planning on getting this card and using HDMI for output to my LCD TV (w/o monitor). Will it work or do I have to use DVI? My OS will be Win 7 ...
7 answers Last reply
More about sapphire 100253hdmi radeon 4650
  1. It should work, as that is why they included it. Though, do you have a DVI capable monitor for at least temporary use in case you run into any problems? If not, that's still fine, as like I said it should work with either hookup.
  2. No, I don't have a spare monitor. I'm replacing my old setup where I was using a standard VGA out, as my TV supports it. I'm monitor-free for several years now :) I'm getting one of those Shuttle SFF and wanted to get the low profile card. The regular size cards do have VGA out, but I wanted to go for the low profile one..

Michael
  3. Well, you can also grab a DVI to VGA converter really cheap (they often put them in with the GFX cards for free) as an extra failsafe, but HDMI should work (many people use it solely in HTPCs).
  4. Good tip, forgot about the DVI-> VGA converter. I'll get this one, as VGA is always the safest bet in case some DRM issues :)

This is exactly what I use my PC for - HTPC and photo editing.

Thanks for advice!
  5. Yep, that should work great for that. I have a similar card (Sapphire 4650, but full height plus DDR3) and it works great and stays nice and cool. The only thing I am not 100% sure of is the noise. I don't think it is terrible or anything, but I haven't actually checked to see if it is silent or whatever, and for HTPC that can be very important.
  6. Based on some reviews it looks to be fairly silent. My current setup is ultra quiet, but it uses on-board Intel card and has an external, fan-less PSU. The internal fans make virtually no noise, as there's not a lot of heat generated. Pretty cool :)
  7. Yep, they are really low power cards. Who would've thought a few years ago when everyone was predicting 1kW+ PSUs that such decent performance could be had without even an external power connector.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Sapphire Graphics