Sign in with
Your question

Ethernet controller driver download FOR P5N-D MOTHERBOARD

Last response: in Motherboards
March 21, 2010 8:21:00 AM

Hello,i m not able to connect to internet...i have read same issues in this thread too.on OS installation net adapter 1394 is installed by default but it doesnt connect to internet.please giv me link to download driver for ethernet
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 21, 2010 8:53:25 AM

rain04 said:
Hello,i m not able to connect to internet...i have read same issues in this thread too.on OS installation net adapter 1394 is installed by default but it doesnt connect to internet.please giv me link to download driver for ethernet

The 1394 is not the net adapter leading to connecting the system to the internet. Install the LAN driver from the installation CD that came with the MB. If that CD is being used as a coaster, try the MB's online product page. Look for a list of system driver's there. Concentrate you efforts on ethernet LAN driver if you make it that far.
m
l
March 21, 2010 5:27:54 PM

or try driverguide.com. they got drivers for everything
m
l
Related resources
March 22, 2010 4:08:32 PM

hi thx for your suggestions.
@badge i tried installig fr MB CD but it doesnt help ,in device manager it shows [!] exclaimation mark infront of ethernet driver...i needed driver so i posted here,actly thr r so many divers options on diff site for my ASUS P5N-D motherboard,i m wodering which one to download.
@coling01 thx for giving site link...can u plz help in refining my search. I m searching for ethernet LAN driver for ASUS P5N-D,n again thr r too many results to choose from.
Please suggest.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2010 5:03:41 PM

Use this ASUS download/product support link and fill in the correct MB information. Once you find the MB online product/driver support page, choose the operating system you are using and download and install the LAN/ethernet driever for that OS. You failed to mention which OS you are using which is crucial to finding the rght driver. An XP LAN driver will not wrk on a Windows 7 OS for example.

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx
m
l
March 22, 2010 5:33:15 PM

thx...i already chkd on d same site u mentioned.OS is XP .i dwnloaded driver bt its for NVIDIA upto 5 series.thr r v few results on tht site.

my MB is P5N-D
socket-775 LGA
chipset-NVIDIA nForce 750i SLi
m
l
March 22, 2010 7:43:20 PM

i tried download from this link:
http://in.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=yQYfAtkxxZMjR79G

wen i tried to update my driver which i installed from MB CD ,it didn't work.Driver i dwnloaded wz for NVIDIA upto 5 family...mine is NVIDIA 760.I guess this is d reason....or do i need to install it sm othr way?
Plz suggest.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 22, 2010 8:29:39 PM

I suggest to start the install from the downloaded chipset driver then check Ethernet/LAN driver and install that driver.
m
l
March 25, 2010 4:30:01 PM

ya i need to install updated chipset drivers first as i have outdated drivers.the drivers i downloaded dont exe files.can u plz suggest proper installation procedure for it.

Thanks.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
a b V Motherboard
March 25, 2010 4:55:20 PM

Download the correct chipset for the OS to the computer's desktop. Click on the file, it will open. Install the drivers. There is not much to it.
m
l
!