Where is my ram :(

ive installed win 7 64bit so i can get more RAM. i purchased 4 gig to add to my 3 giving me 7...i figured. when i run CCleaner, it says i have 7 gig ram, but on the BIOS boot screen it says 3gig, and both task manager and system info say i have 3 gig...

holy ram sticks batman, whats going on?
10 answers Last reply
More about where
  1. Did you make sure the Ram you bought is compatible? List your motherboard and the RAM you installed.
  2. from CPU-Z

    memory:
    slot1 ddr2 2048mb pc2-5300(333mhz) kingston 2gu-udimm
    slot2 ddr2 2048mb pc2-5300(333mhz) kingston 2gu-udimm
    slot3 ddr2 2048mb pc2-5300(333mhz) a-data technology dqpe1b16
    slot4 ddr2 2048mb pc2-5300(333mhz) a-data technology dqpe1b16
    slot5 ddr2 1024mb pc2-5300(333mhz) nanya technology m2y1g64tu8ha2b-3c
    slot6 ddr2 1024mb pc2-5300(333mhz) nanya technology m2y1g64tu8ha2b-3c
    slot7 ddr2 2048mb pc2-5300(333mhz) a-data technology dqpe1b16
    slot8 ddr2 2048mb pc2-5300(333mhz) a-data technology dqpe1b16

    Motherboard asus d5w dh deluxe


    note i dont know why it is showing me having 8slots cause i have 4 on my mobo. something strange me things
  3. Does it work fine when using only the A-data dqpe1b16?

    Edit: I never heard of an Asus D5W DH Deluxe. Are you sure that it isn't a P5W DH Deluxe?
  4. You need to enable memory remapping in the BIOS.
  5. irishdave said:
    ive installed win 7 64bit so i can get more RAM. i purchased 4 gig to add to my 3 giving me 7...i figured. when i run CCleaner, it says i have 7 gig ram, but on the BIOS boot screen it says 3gig, and both task manager and system info say i have 3 gig...

    holy ram sticks batman, whats going on?


    You should try resetting the BIOS and them installing the RAM. You might want to re-install Windows 7 cause the way it works is the OS for-say is a brain and you cant really put a brain in a different body. You want to consider what I said.
  6. GhislainG said:
    Does it work fine when using only the A-data dqpe1b16?

    Edit: I never heard of an Asus D5W DH Deluxe. Are you sure that it isn't a P5W DH Deluxe?


    indeed its the P5W DH Deluxe...


    reinstalling my os is a big faf,is there not a simpler way?
  7. irishdave said:
    indeed its the P5W DH Deluxe...


    reinstalling my os is a big faf,is there not a simpler way?
    Does it work properly with only the A-DATA memory and, as tcsenter said, memory remapping has to be enabled (although it shouldn't cause the issue you're having). BTW I have 6 GB on mine and it works fine.
  8. tcsenter hit the nail on the head if the BIOS is only counting up to 3 gig, you need to enable memory remapping.
  9. jitpublisher said:
    tcsenter hit the nail on the head if the BIOS is only counting up to 3 gig, you need to enable memory remapping.

    That's strange. Mine doesn't behave like that.
  10. jitpublisher said:
    tcsenter hit the nail on the head if the BIOS is only counting up to 3 gig, you need to enable memory remapping.


    So is this thread considered solved? Does your BIOS support memory remapping, sorry I never really had this issue with any of my computers.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM Task Manager