sindraim

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Good day, I've just joined these forums but I've found several fixes for my older problems before with google here and now I'd like to ask if you could help me with overclocking my Sempron LE-1100 to run Bad Company 2. My gfx and ram should be able to do it, but my processor is holding me down. Ram is 1 gb + 512 mb ddr2 and gfx is Nvidia Geforce 9500 gt 1gb with latest drivers (updated last week) and Windows XP 32bit. I'd like it to be stable, but I don't know what the possibilities are for such a mythical chip.

sindraim

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012

The Sempron LE-1100 is on that list, I don't quite inderstand why linking that was necessary.
http://support.asus.com/Cpusupport/detail.aspx?SLanguage=en&p=1&m=M2A-MX&cpu=Sempron%20LE-1100%20%28DE%29,256K,rev.G1,45W,SocketAM2&pcb=ALL&sincebios=0201&memo=

funguseater

Distinguished
Hi, you should be able to run any 65W or less AM2+/AM3 cpu like the Phenom II and Athlon II, I know you are looking for overclocking info but a cheapo upgrade to a Athlon II REGOR 3.0 GHz is about $60.

You should be able to adjust the CPU multiplier in the BIOS to quickly raise Speed...

sindraim

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
Yes, I was actually thinking about an Athlon and I am going to buy it, I just need to overclock this one so I could play until I get it.

funguseater

Distinguished
Hi, have you tried adjusting your FSB speed, it usually starts at 200MHz try increasing the speed to 225 (this will overclock your RAM too so you might have to reduce your RAM multiplier) there are quite a few people who reached 300MHz with a 9.5X multiplier but this could cause heat issues....

I don't know if it will work but you could try to use AMD overdrive to increase your CPU speed, they have an auto overclock function...

sindraim

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I was looking through overclocking software and AMD Overdrive was actually amongst the ones I found, but I thought it's only for Phenom/Athlon.

sindraim

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
So I installed it and when I try launching it up, it just throws the "AMD Overdrive failed to start." window at me.