Reneskov

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
So yesterday me and my friend was installing all the components of my new PC, and we ran in to different problems.
The card is a Club 3D 4890 1 GB RAM superclocked edition.

When we installed it we payed attention to the fact that it needed to get power from the PSU so we plugged in the power cables propperly.
Whenever we started the computer it would make a really high pitch sound, which worried us and we are convinced there is a problem with the gfx card.

So this morning after a failed attempt yesterday to finish the job, I was looking it all over again trying to find the problem.

My question to you is, does it matter which PCI-E x 16 slot I use, since there is two of them?
And when the card recieves power from the PSU, is it neccesary to add a power cable to the JPWR slot intended for power to grafics cards?

Your motherboard manual should tell you which slot to use for the first card. Normally it is the top PCI-E x16 slot.

I'd recommend reseating the parts and triple checking all the power connections.

What is the JPWR slot? Could you describe what it looks like? If the manual says to plug it in for a single card, do so.