Anyone had a voodoo back in the day?

Godzealot

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
Not a real question just a discussion.... I remember popping in a dedicated 3d voodoo and all of a sudden my half-life was smooth in 800x600 =) Also I occasionally get letters talking about getting a settlement for rambus ram, but I never saw any money =(

chef7734

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
I had every graphics acceleration cars I could get. I do remember having to have a 2d card and the 3d voodoo. I also had the first sli cards from voodoo that connected to each other with a ribbon cable like the floppy connections. It was a sad day when they announced bankruptcy and Nvidia bought them.

MMclachlan

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
I remember geting my Voodoo 3 3000 card with my celeron A-433, what a great day that was!! With its 'huge' heatsink and massive memory! Playing the original GTA with nice smooth frames, and Dungeon Keeper....

I'd think the original voodoo that was a add in to your 2d card would be worth MUCH more than the standalone 3d voodoo's.

I remember some of my buddies had the 4mb ATI rage3d primary card and dual voodoo's in SLI. I could only afford one voodoo add in card though :)
I had an Orchid 3D AGP accelerator card that was paired with a Matrox 2D PCI card and communicated via a dongle but I don't recall what happened to them.

Godzealot

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
My original voodoo was added on to a S3 ViRGE =) Around the same time my friend actually bought one of those ultra expensive Alienware computers... I believe he spent close to 5-6 thousand on their top Voodoo 2 SLI rig, complete with a gaming chair w/surround sound, MMX processor, able to play the first Direct X games, and even a Zip drive lol... Back then they also had the option of Aureal or Creative, and I think he chose A3D =)