PCI Serial Port driver win &

mdmranger

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Hi, I have a 915P/G combo motherboard which I just did an install of
Windows 7 and it did not load the PCI Serial Port driver. Anyone out there that can point me in the right direction?

mdmranger

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
Ok here is the deal, I purchased this motherboard (MSI 915P/G combo) w/prescot P3.4 new a few years back, I have the install disks for it but only have drivers for Window XP. I did an online check with Microsoft updater and it only had an issue with the modem so I did and up grade to Win 7, it is now asking for the disk for the PCI Serial Port and it does not like the driver that I have on disk. I have been to MSI's web site and there are not any drivers there. I did a fresh install of xp today and again did the online check to upgrade to vista and found only an issue with the modem so once again I did the upgrade just to find out that it still is not loading the pci serial port drivers and not taken the one from the disk I have. Thus I am asking if anyone has the board and has done an upgrade to vista or win 7 can point me to the driver or how they worked around this. If you need anymore info on the board please let me know, this is a pretty fast setup and I really dont want to have to buy another board and chip but I do want to get to win 7. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS