Booting through Raid controller and SSDs

hazar3000

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2011
Hey guys,

Firstly I'll just say that I'm not entirely sure where the problem is with my system so if its not a storage problem then I would be happy to move myself to another part of the forums.

Anyway, I recently installed 2x OCZ Agility 3 60gb SSDs in RAID0 through a Skymaster PCI-e SATA III card. I booted up my computer from my old velociraptor and made sure that everything was fine: it was, both drives where appearing as one 111gb volume formated to NTFS: wonderful.

Now, the problem occured when I tried to install windows on that array, I unplugged all my other hdds (a habit since I accidentally formated a drive with 1.6TB of music last year TT) and I went ahead and installed windows, the array appeared in the installation and I got as far as having my computer restart for the first time, after restart my computer sat on a "Press any key to boot from CD....." message and did nothing.

So, I installed again. Same thing.

So I booted into windows with my old HDD and installed windows from a booted computer to my 2 SSDs and now I can get to a screen which offers me boot options of Windows 7, Windows 7 (Roll Back) and Windows 7. If I select the first windows 7 my screen goes black and my computer does nothing, if I select the second Windows 7 (NOT the roll back) my computer boots and I got an error the first time saying that windows could not be installed properly and stupidly I forgot to write this down and it doesn't appear anymore.

If it is relevent I am using a eVGA X58 Classified mother board, im not sure what BIOS version I am using but I have selected my RAID controller as my first boot device after CD Drive (The card, not the on board) and I have made sure that every setting I can see points towards booting properly but I simply cannot get it to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks