Need help choosing the correct SSD

Patoooo1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
I got a P8P67 PRO 3.1 6mbps <---- need this same speed. I want games to load faster and overall faster loading times.

Patoooo1

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2011
The OCZ Vertex 3 gets a mixed review on Newegg, some give it 4/5 and 5/5 while others give it 1/5, why? Is it one of those that stop working after some weeks and arrives dead on package?

OCZ SATAIII SF22xx SSDs = Plug and PRAY. The pray is due to a "Small Percentage" (OCZs words NOT mine) of Systems that just do NOT work well with the Sandforce 22xx controller. Need to ad to the box "Buyer beware" (if you are in the minority, such as Me), you are stuck untill it is fixed.

Marvel based SATA III SSD are less probmatic (most problems seems to affect Mac users. Not as fast, based on Benchmarks, but not much difference in real life.

There is something you should know about solid state drives and pc games. It is true that a game will load faster. In addition, maps, weapons charts, and other similar pages or pop-up windows will also load faster. That's about it. There are some things an ssd will not improve. An ssd will not improve FPS and it will not improve the actual game play.

That being the case just about any SATA 3.0 6Gb/s ssd will do for loading games. However, as Retired Chief mentioned, there have been problems and issues with ssd's. The list of problems keeps getting longer. Some problems are major issues and some are relatively minor affecting only a small percentage of users.

Here is a link to the ssd database:

http://www.johnnylucky.org/data-storage/ssd-database.html

The ssd database is up to date as of last Friday. You can easily see which ssd's are SATA 3.0 6Gb/s capable and which controller an ssd uses. Click on the links to read the technical reviews.

TRENDING THREADS