msconfig

I try to run the msconfig and it seems to popup the
configuration manager and then disappears again..

Does anyone know what this is all about

Also, how can i reinistall Windows without creating a new
icon i have to select on start up

How can i get rid of one or more start up options (this
is the DOS prompt that you click (within 30 seconds) that
will bring you to windows

Any help will do

Thanks
1 answer Last reply
More about msconfig

    On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:43:37 -0700, "akamoke" <akamoke@aol.com> wrote:
    >I try to run the msconfig and it seems to popup the
    >configuration manager and then disappears again..

    You most likely have a virus or spyware

    If your computer is infected with a virus, removal tools here
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.list.html
    Or spyware removal spybot -- http://www.safer-networking.org
    Another spyware remove ad-aware -- http://www.lavasoftusa.com
    Stop Internet Explorer pop-ups http://www.panicware.com
    Prescreen and block Email http://www.mailwasher.net
    Tweak your system to run better http://www.xteq.com
    For XP http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp

    John Thomas Smith
    http://www.direct2usales.com
    http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

Configuration Microsoft Msconfig Windows XP