msconfig

August 16, 2004 2:43:37 AM

I try to run the msconfig and it seems to popup the
configuration manager and then disappears again..

Does anyone know what this is all about

Also, how can i reinistall Windows without creating a new
icon i have to select on start up

How can i get rid of one or more start up options (this
is the DOS prompt that you click (within 30 seconds) that
will bring you to windows

Any help will do

Thanks

More about : msconfig

Anonymous
August 16, 2004 1:53:16 PM

On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 22:43:37 -0700, "akamoke" <akamoke@aol.com> wrote:
>I try to run the msconfig and it seems to popup the
>configuration manager and then disappears again..

You most likely have a virus or spyware

If your computer is infected with a virus, removal tools here
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/tools.lis...
Or spyware removal spybot -- http://www.safer-networking.org
Another spyware remove ad-aware -- http://www.lavasoftusa.com
Stop Internet Explorer pop-ups http://www.panicware.com