Dell e6400 runing on 800mhz help pls!!

nau4nik

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2009
hi gays
i have dell latitude e6400 with c2d p8400 which should work on 2,26ghz. When i started cpu-z it showed
core speed: 798mhz
multiplier: x3 !!!
also this was shown when i started prime95. i was searching in the bios and i can not see where can i change this specifications. i need help, so if anyone can help me a will be grateful.
also i have the newest version of bios and bus spead is 266 mhz if anything of this help

sorry if there was any mistake. i am steal learning english

tylerbai

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2010
I recently experienced this same issue. My processor would run at a constant 794MHz with a very high DCP latency. I contacted Dell support and after an hour of explaining the situation with a low level tech support person (who kept saying it was not a hardware issue but an issue with Win7 despite experiencing the same problem on Vista also) I asked for a supervisor. He agreed that it was a hardware issue and they fixed it in about 2 weeks (replaced the Motherboard, CPU, Heatsink, and Fan). Interestingly they left the BIOS at A17 instead of the newest A20 and came back with an Intel AMT/MEBx chip that it didn't leave with.

It has been running extremely well ever since.