H60 temps on i7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

steven467

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
I recently purchased a Corsair H60 for my i7 920 and am wondering if my temps are about right. My 920 is Oced to 3.6ghz and vcore at 1.15 stable. Im getting around 37 at idle and 59-62 load. Im only wondering because i see people saying they get in the 20's with this cooler. Im using dual fans on it with a fan>>>rad>>>fan>> set up sucking in air. Two 140mm's up top to exhaust. Thanks in advance.

Solution
20 C = 68 F, so maybe they had a drafty room? Either way, we see a lot of folks that come in saying 'I saw so and so hit such and such temp, why can't I?'

1) Depends on ambient air temperature. Air and normal watercooling can never go below ambient room temperature, period. If your room is 25 C ambient, the very best your cooler could do is keep a component cooled to 25 C (and likely only at idle).

2) Depends on what is used for temp monitoring...some are better than others, not all are accurate.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Those temps are fairly normal, but temps are depending on ambient room temperature and it depends on what you are using to monitor idle/load temps- this can sometimes be inaccurate depending on software used.

Moving this to the watercooling forum.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
20 C = 68 F, so maybe they had a drafty room? Either way, we see a lot of folks that come in saying 'I saw so and so hit such and such temp, why can't I?'

1) Depends on ambient air temperature. Air and normal watercooling can never go below ambient room temperature, period. If your room is 25 C ambient, the very best your cooler could do is keep a component cooled to 25 C (and likely only at idle).

2) Depends on what is used for temp monitoring...some are better than others, not all are accurate.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.