Gta4 last mission help please.

gangstavin

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2009
fellow gta4 pc. cannot pass the last mission either. Im running on a p4 3.2ht with 1g ati radeon 2600agp and 3g ram.have tried cut graphics settings, turning off all unneeded services in win 7 32bit, and even turning off antivirus and firewall in mcaffee thru task mgr to twerk the performance of the machine. Im working on a developer machine so Im runnning vs2008pro and sql2008 enterprise along with office enterprise and expression web. after cutting startup services i can get my processes down to 49 on task mgr. gameplay is fluid on lowest graphics setting and choppy on the highest graphic settings, so ive been playing on lowest settings on a clean win 7 install since sept 9,09. came to the decision, and played thru both options no cheats on any saved games in quest for the lost and the dammed. Still I cant get on the helicopter on the last mission. The boat is always not where its supposed to be no matter how prepaired i am. I cant even get under the carrot for the last mission. Its like the character niko takes to long to get on the boat after being dropped from the helicopter, and then the character niko wont sit down after you do get on the boat. Its oct 16 and ive been on this mission since sept 29. game wont let me progress. help please if you have any suggestions. thanks kevin. gvin@live.com

brockh

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
GTA IV minimum specifications require you to have at least a dual core processor. Your memory is probably slow (though a decent amount), and your GPU is bad at best. I haven't played GTA IV on a PC, but I can be sure it's probably putting way too much stress on your computer, especially if you have Visual Studio and SQL Server along with various Microsoft Office applications running in the background, which all require (especially Visual Studio!) a good amount of memory and processing power that your Pentium 4 cannot provide.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Aww, the famous GTA IV ending. Man it took me like... 4 days to finnally complete that mission. It was so annoying, when you got close enough to the helicopter to jump onto it, the helicopter will fly away at the last second and end.

I forgot how I completed it though. PS: Did you pick for Roman to live... Or die? Becuase if you picked him to live you get to drive on a Dirt Bike and jump from land onto the helicopter, thats how I finnally managed to complete it.

Meh.

I finished that mission with only minimum effort but the first time missed up because it was late and I was tired. The next day I had to give a few tries but succeeded but however it was only with the first patch. The second patch the game runs but some things stop working wile patch 3 and 4 failed completely rendering the game dead.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
^ I was useing the first patch realsed if I'm not mistaken. It took me close to 15-20 times to finnally manage to get on the heli, and when I did... I lost control of the thing and blew it up.

To find out that all I had to do was follow them and fire a few rounds... Becuase they crash land on the shore.

what I didn't get is, I had like millions, yet nothing I could do with it. It was GTA3 all over again. How f*cking lame.

I have been waiting for a long time for a real Vice City remake that was truly worth it.

godbrother

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009

Yup, just like me. You do know whats going to happen right? They are going to use the same engine used in GTA IV. And its going to fail. (me thinks)

What they should do is make the whole of Vice City all over again... BUT THE SAME MAP... SAME EVERYTHING. Just the graphics/gameplay ported from GTA IV. That would be so awseome.

But they won't. They won't bring back vercetti. (or will they? dum... dum... DUMMMM!)

I agree and it will be like the good old days again at least for a moment any way. :)