few questions about window XP

I was wonder will a 2 gb partition will do for window XP (exclude the temp
and swap memory) , another question is I have a program tool to lock window
registry from changing, is it a good idea to keep it on all the time? and the
last question is how do I lock a partition so it can only read from it?
thanks a lot
1 answer Last reply
More about questions window

    1. 2gb will be sufficient to install winxp (a bit small
    though : arn't you gonna install other stuff?
    2. personally i would not want to lock my registry from
    change, as it will affect minor changes made by
    programs, however, if you intend only surfing the
    internet there are programs that lock writes to the
    registry from spyware type programs. You may be better
    to just run a popupblocker with Ad-Aware, or maybe
    just bite the bullet and install SP2 and get on with
    it!
    3. By locking the partition, I take it you mean
    restricting who can look at your stuff on your hard
    drive? well why don't you create a new group in
    computer management called "Noddy's Gang" create a
    single user called "n0DD13580ll0x" assign it a
    password 14 characters long with uppercase, lowercase
    letters and numbers. After this is done, change your
    NTFS permissions so that only "n0DD13580ll0x" has
    Read/write/Execute permissions and disable all other
    accounts.
    4. Take Your computer off the internet, Unplug it from
    the wall, lock your door and pretend that there is no
    ILLUMINATI!

    Best Regards

Configuration Partition Windows XP