SOYO K7V dragon plus

jopav1

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Hello,

I have a SOYO K7V DRAGON Plus configuration with an AMD Duron 1.1 ghz processor running Windows XP working perfectly for almost 10 years now. Up until yesterday when I booted the system..the fans started up, however the screen was blank..after about 4 secs heard a 2 sec beep then 4 sec pause then 2 sec beep...this cycle repeating itselp endlessly. I changed the memory to a new one, but same issue prevailed. Any suggestions? Thanks.

explorer2316

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I have on of these boards and mine has done that too. I happens when you load bio settings in that the CPU or memory cant handle. It also may mean something cant handle the speed settings that have worked all these years. If you while its doing the beeping for a minute or so you pull the power cord out of the back and plug it right back in the MB should go into the default settings. As soon as the soyo screen comes up go into the bios and set use the safe bios setting on the main screen. Save it and let it reboot. If it comes up and loads windows you can reboot and start tweeking you setting back up.
Good luck!

quimas

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2010

--------------------
Hi, could you send me the K7V Dragon Plus manual? I have got a PC with this board and soyo is gone. My e-mail address is (saltim.banco@yahoo.com).