Reliable Dell motherboard repair ?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2004 5:22:45 PM

Suggestions on a repair shop for a Dell Latitude CP motherboard repair? We
have no one in our area who will even attempt it...
So I need to send it somewhere reliable...
thanks!

Steve
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b V Motherboard
May 31, 2004 6:44:50 PM

As a practical matter, motherboards (both laptop & desktop) can only be
repaired by the mfgr. (there are a few exceptions to this, but they are
very few). Now if you mean motherboard replacement, that's a different
story, in terms of notebooks, the problem there is simply finding a
suitable replacement motherboard.

Stephen Hartz wrote:

> Suggestions on a repair shop for a Dell Latitude CP motherboard repair? We
> have no one in our area who will even attempt it...
> So I need to send it somewhere reliable...
> thanks!
>
> Steve

May 31, 2004 8:20:42 PM

Dell is, by far, your best bet.