Question about overclocking.

faustfict

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
I'm using a Gigabyte Z68-UD3H-B3 with a 2500K, currently the overclock is just at 4.1ghz @ 1.295vcore, avg Idle temp is around 27c and load after 10 hour is around 49 - 50 average.

The question is, should I use Multi-Step Load Line? It's set to disabled, the vcore drops to 1.25-1.27 mostly while at load. The options are 1-10, disable. I would like the Vcore to start low while it's @ 1.6ghz and increase when the load increases, instead of starting high, then dropping as load hits. Seems backwards, will Load-Line achieve this? Thanks, hopefully this made sense. Are those decent volts and temps for that small overclock?

ottesen

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Hey !

Yes, the multi step load line can do this. From 4/5 to 10 the multi step vil increase voltage on load insted of decreasing it, but try a bit at the time ! With the multi step really high the difference between voltage on idle and voltage on load is really big, so just don't try to suddenly use 10 on the multi step :)

faustfict

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010

lol, I noticed while I attempted to use it and my vcore and temps went way up there.

So basically since the tests seem to be stable at 1.27, I should make it so the max vcore pushed would be around 1.28? Example would be, set the Vcore @ 1.10 and set LLC @ say 8 to obtain the 1.28 vcore needed to be stable @ load, would be that correct?

ottesen

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I would have just tried to keep the voltage as identical as possible, but thats my way off doing it. I have 1,37-1,39v at all times, and as soon as my damn mobo (fauily) gets fixed i will probably go higher. I like to have the voltage and the mhz the same at all times just because "i feel" its better and more stable... but thats just in my mind i guess.

If you use offset vcore, the vcore can fluctuate as default. Stock vcore is ~.95 at idle and ~1.2 in turbo. Most systems could actually undervolt idle to .9 stable and then change your llc to have a higher load vcore. Your vcore is high for those clocks. What are you using to monitor vcore?