AN8 32X no ethernet after reformat

Deimos1313

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
I've installed the nForce drivers, which are supposed to contain ethernet drivers, but I can't connect it to the Internet. The Device Manager recognizes everything but 2 items, which are listed under Other Devices and flagged with an exclamation point: Mass Storage Controller and Unknown Device. I'm fairly certain that the unknown device is the ethernet controller, as the Device Manager makes no mention of it and my problems seem to fit the description of a missing driver. The ethernet port does emit a green/yellow light when connected to the cable.
Thanks for your consideration.

Specs:
AN8 32X motherboard
Vista Ultimate 32 bit
3GB RAM
GeForce 8800 GTS
AMD dual-core 2.6 GHz
and the rest escaped me at this time, but I don't see how it could be important.

wpjiscool

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
I had a very similar problem, and to fix it I did a system restore from a boot disk (remember: doesn't change personal files and folders), but you have just reinstalled, so I don't see where our problem could have originated from.

Trying another reinstall, is one option, and system restore to the point (if any) before this problem arose!

Sorry if this hasn't been any help!

Leave the nForce drivers disc in the tray. Go into device manager. Click on the unknown device. Open the properties. Click on update driver. Browse to the nForce install disc.

or

Find the drivers from the nVidia website using the computer you posted from, download them to a flash drive. Take the flash drive to the newly formatted computer. Install the driver from the flash drive.

kludermor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
I got the same problem.
I changed my old defect motherboard to the Abit AN8 32X.

But no ethernet.

I only have a 1394 network card listed under network adapters in device manager. And also have the unknown device. It does not help to update the driver on this unknown device and point to my flash drive with the nForce chipset drivers containing Ethernet drivers.
I have downloaded the nforce chipset drivers from ABITs webpage.

I also appreciate a solution from a bright mind :)