Sign in with
Your question

Suggested bios settings for fast boot needed

Last response: in Motherboards
March 22, 2010 4:41:58 PM

I have a MSI K9A2 Motherboard I have recently formated again & it is slow to boot into windows can someone tell me all the exact wierd & wonderfull settings in detail so I can write them down & go & try to see if it makes a difference with boot times.....it was not slow before so why now ? preferably settings without overclocking

before people say it I have allread made sure quick boot is enabled & I have allready tried load fail safe & optimised defaults
March 22, 2010 10:19:50 PM

Burj said:
I have a MSI K9A2 Motherboard I have recently formated again & it is slow to boot into windows can someone tell me all the exact wierd & wonderfull settings in detail so I can write them down & go & try to see if it makes a difference with boot times.....it was not slow before so why now ? preferably settings without overclocking

before people say it I have allread made sure quick boot is enabled & I have allready tried load fail safe & optimised defaults

You should try to turn on your PC then go to your BIOS and reset everything all back to defaults. Then go to boot order and change to HardDrive first boot, and DVD Drive to second boot, and also enable -quick boot-. Once done save settings and see if that helps.
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
March 23, 2010 5:16:05 AM

8.046 boot here:) 
March 24, 2010 3:41:48 PM

Well I'm not really the BIOS guy so I'm sorry for that, but I'm glad to have help a slight bit. I hope more people on tomshardware can help you out. Until then if you have any other questions for me I would be glad to help you answer them and if I hear a solution to this problem I will let you know. Thanks for your post Burj.
!