KOTORARC

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
So I will try and explain this the best I can. It has been going on for a few months now, and because it really does nothing besides pop up obnoxiously I have not done more than try and search on search engines for answers, but alas, I can find nothing definitive. I run comodo interenet security with antivirus, and malwarebytes for my malware, and have run both, and run malwarebytes in safemode and it has not found anything. Anywho on to the issue.

I get a pop up stating there is a 16-bit DOS cannot find or open file or some such on this. C:/WINDOWS/TEMP/314.exe. However that folder does not exist, nor does anything with 314.exe. It gives me the option to ignore or close, and I can find no discernible difference between either option. If anyone could give me any ideas, I would really appreciate it!. Thank you!

mrfatbox

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
is this on bootup

this could be a case of a left over from somthing your av has killed off but is still in the startup of the pc you might want to go and check your boot up settings with msconfig and open up the startup folder on the start menu check that for hidden files (had that befor but not since win98 but allways good to check

KOTORARC

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2012
Tried that but alas its still happening. Copied down the exact wording.

Window is 16 bit dos something or other and then inside the window states

C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\314.exe
C:\WINDOWS\TEMP\. A temporary file needed for initialization could not be created or could not be written to. Make sure that the directory path still exists, and disk space is available. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.

G

I have the same, but with different wording

The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction
CS:0535 IP:ffde OP:fe ff 1c 09 58 Choose 'Close' to terminate the application