Grrrr....lousy EA...

Last response: in Video Games
September 13, 2005 8:14:44 PM

I preordered Nightlife from EA. They still haven't shipped it yet.

What's the point of preordering if you get it later than stores do? At this
rate, I'll be lucky to get it next week. I really should have known better.

I tried to cancel, but they won't let me. Even though they haven't charged
my credit card yet.

More about : grrrr lousy

Anonymous
September 13, 2005 9:36:03 PM

"Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I preordered Nightlife from EA. They still haven't shipped it yet.
>
> What's the point of preordering if you get it later than stores do?
> At this rate, I'll be lucky to get it next week. I really should have
> known better.
>
> I tried to cancel, but they won't let me. Even though they haven't
> charged my credit card yet.

That's odd, the 2 times I've ordered from them, I had good service, but
that was with Sims 1 EP's. Hopefully, you'll get a pleasant surprise
sooner than later.

deene
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 10:52:25 PM

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> I preordered Nightlife from EA. They still haven't shipped it yet.
>
> What's the point of preordering if you get it later than stores do? At this
> rate, I'll be lucky to get it next week. I really should have known better.
>
> I tried to cancel, but they won't let me. Even though they haven't charged
> my credit card yet.

I preordered as well, knowing that with gas prices as they were, I
would have been adding $12-15 to the price of it were I to go buy it in
the nearest store. I had forgotten the reason why I shied away from
preordering in the past.

Still not shipped, but I did get my car code, which I can't actually
use until I have the damn thing. If I get the email now I suspect I
won't have it until next Monday.

September 14, 2005 3:25:25 AM

I learned to NEVER buy it online, it almost never gets here before the store
has it.

September 14, 2005 3:48:47 AM

On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 16:14:44 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>What's the point of preordering if you get it later than stores do? At this
>rate, I'll be lucky to get it next week. I really should have known better.

How could you? Sigh... that's BS service by EA...

>I tried to cancel, but they won't let me. Even though they haven't charged
>my credit card yet.

Here you can cancel your order up to 14 days AFTER you receive it by
mail... surely you must be allowed to cancel it.
--

"I put it to YOU sir, that it TAKES a pedophile, to see
such perverted things in a children's game!"

Jeremy Reaban wrote:
> I preordered Nightlife from EA. They still haven't shipped it yet.
>
> What's the point of preordering if you get it later than stores do?

'Tis why I no longer pre-order. This has happened to me several times.
(And not just with EA.)

It's not hard for me to wait for the day it comes out, motor over to the
three or four stores that carry computer software, and see who has the
lowest price.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

> Jeremy Reaban wrote:
>> I preordered Nightlife from EA. They still haven't shipped it yet.
>>
>> What's the point of preordering if you get it later than stores do?
>
> 'Tis why I no longer pre-order. This has happened to me several times.
> (And not just with EA.)
>
> It's not hard for me to wait for the day it comes out, motor over to the
> three or four stores that carry computer software, and see who has the
> lowest price.

I'm of the same ilk. Every time I've pre-ordered software, it shows up in
the stores before I get my copy, so I don't bother with that anymore. It's
just as easy to wait another day, find the lowest price and go buy it.
-ned
!