Sign in with
Your question
Solved

When started system displaying empty screen

Last response: in Windows XP
March 14, 2012 9:48:37 PM

hello, sir when i start my system its showing empty screen.as i don't have chance am using restart my computer then its showing icons.some time its take long time after 2 to 5 time restart .

i checked its not log off ....!

what i have to do ?
March 15, 2012 5:34:49 AM

Can you describe the hardware and operating system for me?
m
l
March 15, 2012 9:58:32 AM

hi, when i starting my system its displaying empty screen ....
after restart system its displaying all icons and status bar and some time its taking long time to display after 2 to 5 restart process

this started from last 2 week...!

how can i solve my problem?

i uninstalled two three unwanted software which is done by mistake like TV fantastic, and fast download and sweetIm smiles
m
l
Related resources
March 15, 2012 9:43:54 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Run a full virus and spyware scan. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/248626-45-simple-free...

hello,
sir i already installed avira antivirus and recently i installed malwarebytes to solve my previous problem .....!

before 2 day of installed malware i got this problem after that i nstalled malware. now what i have to do?

sir i don't know in c drive which folder are help to run the system.in scan i found above 100 detected files..?

can you tel me which one i can delete from scan result, which one not?

my problems here i don't have more knowledge of about c drive management..?

now am going to downlode combofix.exe.now instruct me further IL not install before your reply.

thank you...!
m
l
March 16, 2012 10:42:36 AM

When Computer loads to Blank screen:
Then press ALT+CTRL+DEL
New window will open
Click on File > Click on New Task (Run..)
New window will open
Type EXPLORER.EXE > Press OK

Hope Icons appear on screen.
m
l
March 16, 2012 3:26:45 PM

Repair setup of Windows may help you. Once a virus does it's job, the anti-virus software can't repair the damage, they only remove or prevent the virus from installing.

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Windows-XP-%22Repair-Instal...

If that does not help, save your files and settings, Favorites, etc... and do a full re-installation of Windows.
m
l
March 23, 2012 8:00:23 PM

alishathomaz said:
When Computer loads to Blank screen:
Then press ALT+CTRL+DEL
New window will open
Click on File > Click on New Task (Run..)
New window will open
Type EXPLORER.EXE > Press OK

Hope Icons appear on screen.

i tried its not working
m
l
March 23, 2012 8:07:37 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Repair setup of Windows may help you. Once a virus does it's job, the anti-virus software can't repair the damage, they only remove or prevent the virus from installing.

http://www.wikihow.com/Do-a-Windows-XP-%22Repair-Instal...

If that does not help, save your files and settings, Favorites, etc... and do a full re-installation of Windows.

system disc drive not working properly how can i do re-installation of windows

recently i replace with old damage cd writer

m
l
March 24, 2012 12:24:09 PM

Quote:
Can you describe the hardware and operating system for me?

window xp is operating system......!

hardware mean what i have to descrbe about that?
m
l
March 24, 2012 5:57:02 PM

By hardware I mean what is in your computer.

CPU, RAM, motherboard, etc.

It sounds as if your XP installation has become corrupted. This would be expected if this has been on the computer for many years.

I would recommend you back up any files and settings you need. Passwords, bookmarks, pictures, files of any sort. Put them on a USB drive or burn to disk, or put them on an external drive, whatever.

Then re-format the hard drive and install a fresh copy of XP.
m
l
March 27, 2012 2:13:45 PM

Put in the windows disk, boot off it, follow directions to re-install it. If you are seeing drive errors, you would want to replace the hard-drive and install Windows on that.
m
l
April 7, 2012 7:02:49 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Put in the windows disk, boot off it, follow directions to re-install it. If you are seeing drive errors, you would want to replace the hard-drive and install Windows on that.

thank you i solve my problem..?

i have one more question ?can keep malwaerbyte along with quikheel antivirus? if i keep two active at one time is there any risk for my system
m
l
April 7, 2012 7:08:36 PM

Quote:
By hardware I mean what is in your computer.

CPU, RAM, motherboard, etc.

It sounds as if your XP installation has become corrupted. This would be expected if this has been on the computer for many years.

I would recommend you back up any files and settings you need. Passwords, bookmarks, pictures, files of any sort. Put them on a USB drive or burn to disk, or put them on an external drive, whatever.

Then re-format the hard drive and install a fresh copy of XP.

thanku sir i solve my problem?
m
l

Best solution

April 9, 2012 3:23:55 PM

Never heard of that quikheel (you probably mean "heal" anyway) antivirus. Use the free Microsoft one, or Avira AntiVir or AVG instead. You can run Malwarebytes along with them, and the free non-resident version of Malwarebytes does not even run all the time, only when you run it manually.
April 9, 2012 7:10:47 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Never heard of that quikheel (you probably mean "heal" anyway) antivirus. Use the free Microsoft one, or Avira AntiVir or AVG instead. You can run Malwarebytes along with them, and the free non-resident version of Malwarebytes does not even run all the time, only when you run it manually.

sir i installed avira anti virus but window security alert showing massage window did not find antivirus software on this computer .i check its active. how can i solve this

m
l
April 9, 2012 8:11:37 PM

Should work fine with it, did you reboot after you installed it? And you did do a clean setup of Windows before this to fix your other issues?
m
l
April 11, 2012 11:04:32 AM

no i didnot reboot and no i didn't do clean setup
m
l
April 11, 2012 12:57:26 PM

zakir_05 said:
no i didnot reboot and no i didn't do clean setup

Need to, at least reboot. Although you will probably need to re-install Windows at this point due to the other issues.
m
l
April 12, 2012 11:12:07 PM

Best answer selected by zakir_05.
m
l
April 12, 2012 11:15:29 PM

hang-the-9 said:
Need to, at least reboot. Although you will probably need to re-install Windows at this point due to the other issues.

actually sir ,

i format my system after that i installed antivirus ..

here window security problem is there .

m
l
April 14, 2012 9:08:37 AM

Best answer selected by zakir_05.
m
l
April 14, 2012 9:31:46 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Systems to section Windows XP by Mousemonkey
m
l
April 14, 2012 9:32:17 AM

This next topics has been merged by Mousemonkey
  • icon and status bar not appearing
    m
    l
    !