Atheros Ethernet on Asus MOBO for Win2K?

Chiropter

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009
I got ASUS P5P43TD mobo installed and try to use Win2K on my HDD. I'm trying to install drivers for the onboard Atheros Ethernet from the ASUS-supplied CD, but got an error message: Driver Inf File Not Found. What is this file? What is the solution to this situation? Any help will be appreciated.

Chiropter

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009

Problem is that Atheros does not offer drivers for its own Ethernet. Instead it offers a software called DriverInstaller.exe. When I downloaded it using another computer and then copied it to the computer via a USB disk. When I activated this software, it startrd to try to access Internet to download another software. Without a working Ethernet, the computer cannot access Internet and crashed. Stupid situation. Actually DriverInstaller wanted the software called Microsoft Frame V2.0. So I downloaded the software (dotnetfx.exe) from Microsoft using another computer and installed the Frame work in the computer and then tried the DriversInstaller again, but, alas, it start to try to download ignoring the fact that it was already installed.So I'm stuck.

It looks like Atheros doesn't offer support for Windows 2000 and we can't blame them: http://partner.atheros.com/Drivers.aspx. I presume that you need Win2K to run some old software that won't run on Windows XP?

Chiropter

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2009

You right.
I contacted ASUS and found that My ASUS mobo (including onboard devices) does not support Win2K and there are no drivers for Atheros available.
Thanks for your time

TRENDING THREADS