Dual monitor issues

panch0

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009
I have a Nvidia GeForce 8300GS. I am using Windows XP home with Windows 2000. I just added a second monitor to allow me to view two separate topics at the same time. 1. The desktop is only shown on one monitor. Nothing on the other. 2. When I open my document it goes to the primary. When I open the internet it stacks it over the document on the same monitor. How do I one on one and one on the other?

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
I'm confused about you using XP Home and Windows 2000 - are you dual booting?

Have you changed your display settings to use multiple monitors? It's in Display (in the control panel). I believe you have to go to the settings are and go to Advanced. Once you go to Advanced, open the Nvidia control panel and use the wizard (or the menu on the left side) to set up multiple displays. From what it sounds like, you want an extended desktop.

panch0

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2009

First, thanks for trying to help me. I have given you some conflicting data. I am using MS Home XP. My software for using word, excel, etc is MS Office 2000, NOT Windows. Next, I have just added a second monitor. Both are in the control panel. I have entered the infomation in the Control Panel/Settings for both and have checked the option to copy all info to both monitors. I then went to Nvidia's icon and followed your instructions. Nvidia gave me three choices: (single) monitor, dual monitor with the screen information on both monitors (clone) the last was that I wanted configured independenttly of each other dual view). I was additionally asked to validate my monitors. I was given two choices: Impression "171" + Pro View/EMC/PTS Analog Dis..... & ProView/EMC/PTS Analog Display + Impression "171".... (the box containing these iconfigurations would not allow me to extend the text to the right to finish reading. I don't know what either of these are. When I confirmed, another screen popped up that delt with TV hook up. I said no and I don't intend to view TV on my computer system. Anyway, trying different scenarios I still cannot view the internet on one monitor and excel on the other. Please help!

TRENDING THREADS