Micron laptop

Is anyone out there familiar with the Micron Technologies TransPort XKE
notebook? Is there someone who had one and still has the books and disks
that came with it?

I just acquired one and sure could use some help with it.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about micron laptop

    In article <10bmg1ris2ggf5a@corp.supernews.com>,
    billg <cwgordon@charter.net> wrote:
    >Is anyone out there familiar with the Micron Technologies TransPort XKE
    >notebook? Is there someone who had one and still has the books and disks
    >that came with it?
    >
    >I just acquired one and sure could use some help with it.
    >
    >Thanks.

    Then look on their support site to see if there are are any drivers or
    updates;

    http://support.buympc.com/index.html

    Try a w2k or w/98 setup on it. I've got an even older Micron laptop
    that's running w2k in 48MB, with no micron software. That's max
    memory to that machine.

    For me the major limitation on these old machines the how much memory
    you can stuff in them. If you use the machine it pays to max it out.
    96MB is enough to run w2k if you kill all the unneeded processes.

    The original disk is probably too small for XP. w2k is probably your
    best bet. Make it NTFS and apply NTFS compression to the whole C
    drive.

    --
    Al Dykes

Laptops Micron