Seagate momentus 5400 3 connector 120gb

XwolborgX

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I need help. My mom has a Compaq Presario V3000 or V3500 and about 1 and half week the laptop died. Now we want to get the data from the HDD but I dont know which data enclosure to buy. I know about computers but I dont know which pins are the ones the HDD has. Can someone tell me which 2.5" hard drive enclosure to buy? please?. I leave you some images so you can see it.

p1100010r.jpg

p1100011m.jpg

Solution
Your drive has an interface converter that adapts the drive's standard SATA connectors to your motherboard's connector.

Just pull on the converter and it should detach from the drive.
If you have a desktop system available, you do not need a drive enclosure. Just pull the drive from the laptop and cable it into the desktop - standard SATA data cable and SATA power connection from PSU. Then transfer the files to the desktop hard drive.

Otherwise you need a standard USB enclosure for a SATA laptop drive.

XwolborgX

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I havent tried with my PC but i bought standard SATA data and Power(the ones you normally use) but didnt fit on my laptop HDD, also I bought an usb enclosure but the connector didnt fit it was the same as my HDD. Im going to try if I can use the ones in my PC if not I dont know what to do.

edit: I tried it and the connectors didnt fit