Antec 900 Dust

dmcfc

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Recently I built my new gaming rig, and it is just 2 weeks old, and it already have some dust on it!
I want to hear methods, strategies of cleaning and things like that

I first thought about buying a dust filter for the intake fans, but I like the leds on the front of my antec 900 and I don't know if this or any other dust filter would cover it

Then I was thinking on just clean it every week(yeah, I like it clean, I like my 5850 and my x4 955, so I just want to take care of it)To clean it I was thinking about canned air, but I heard(not sure if it's true) that it can damage the motherboard

What do you guys think?what should I do to keep dust out of my case?Any suggestions of dust filters, or how to make one,or how to clean the computer, or what canned air should I use?

Any help is appreciated, mainly by someone that have a antec 300, or 900 that probably have the same problem

Thank you

Solution
1. Do not place the case on the floor. The closer to the floor the more dust will accumulate.

2. Clean the interior regularly with a can of compressed air. The cans of compressed air are safe to use.

I am not a big fan of filters because they restrict ventilation, airflow, and cooling.
1. Do not place the case on the floor. The closer to the floor the more dust will accumulate.

2. Clean the interior regularly with a can of compressed air. The cans of compressed air are safe to use.

I am not a big fan of filters because they restrict ventilation, airflow, and cooling.

Solution

dmcfc

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
ok, thank you, I'm going to buy it today, and see what I can do to put my computer on my desk( this will be a problem I have a lot of things on my desk, like laptop,playstation, home theater and so on...) but I will try, thank for the answers