Solved

GTX 470 as PhysX card

Hi Guys,

I have received a 2nd hand EVGA GTX 470 SC and its just lying around. So I was thinking if i should use it as a PhysX card and get a boost. Aside from this would the additional power consumption and heat be worth the additional performance?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about physx card
  1. What is your primary video card? What are your power supply specs?
  2. Sorry I forgot to add that. Primary card is a GTX 560 Ti and PSU is cougar GX1050
  3. Best answer
    1050W. Shutter every time I hear of a PSU with that number. Nobody should every make a PSU with that output again after what Diablotek did...

Do you play any PhysX games? You're probably better off just selling it and using the $$$ for something else.
  4. Install the 570 as primary video card and use the 560 for Phys-X. Duh!
  5. Well i mainly play BF3 now and other FPS titles. I was thinking of selling it later if I have a buyer but I was just wondering would the performance increase be enough to justify the increase in power draw. hahahaha I think the only game that I play that would benefit is Alice. hahahaha.

Well the GX1050 has received great reviews and some sites still use it for their bench systems.
  6. @ DelroyMonjo

I dont have a 570. I have the 470 SC.
  7. DOH!
  8. Sounds like you don't play any PhysX titles then. I vote sell it now while its worth something.
  9. Best answer selected by shoot you.
  10. Thanks guys, I think Ill sell it off quickly before the new gen GPUs come out hahahaha.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Physx Overclocking