GTX 470 as PhysX card

shoot you

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Hi Guys,

I have received a 2nd hand EVGA GTX 470 SC and its just lying around. So I was thinking if i should use it as a PhysX card and get a boost. Aside from this would the additional power consumption and heat be worth the additional performance?

Solution
1050W. Shutter every time I hear of a PSU with that number. Nobody should every make a PSU with that output again after what Diablotek did...

Do you play any PhysX games? You're probably better off just selling it and using the $$$ for something else.

4745454b

Titan
1050W. Shutter every time I hear of a PSU with that number. Nobody should every make a PSU with that output again after what Diablotek did...

Do you play any PhysX games? You're probably better off just selling it and using the $$$ for something else.

Solution

shoot you

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2011
Well i mainly play BF3 now and other FPS titles. I was thinking of selling it later if I have a buyer but I was just wondering would the performance increase be enough to justify the increase in power draw. hahahaha I think the only game that I play that would benefit is Alice. hahahaha.

Well the GX1050 has received great reviews and some sites still use it for their bench systems.