Conversation with a Maxoid

Moreawesomethanyou.com has gained a Maxoid member!

There's been a great discussion of fixes etc in Nightlife, Uni Patch
and future NL patch in this thread:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=561.0

I find it wonderfully refreshing how open HatedMaxoid (!) has been
about this, with a lot more information than they seem willing to
release on the official board.

~*~
vecki
4 answers Last reply
More about conversation maxoid

    "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Moreawesomethanyou.com has gained a Maxoid member!
    >
    > There's been a great discussion of fixes etc in Nightlife, Uni Patch
    > and future NL patch in this thread:
    > http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=561.0
    >
    > I find it wonderfully refreshing how open HatedMaxoid (!) has been
    > about this, with a lot more information than they seem willing to
    > release on the official board.

    Yeah, especially as many of those bugs were first noticed months ago, and
    are incredibly annoying. Like it seems they fixed the missing icons bug (it
    was caused by the RC car). Why on earth wouldn't they put out a patch to
    immediately fix that problem? I mean, it's almost a showstopper.

    Maybe if they gave feedback regularly on what they are fixing (or actually
    fixed them in a timely manner), they wouldn't be so "Hated"

    "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message

    > "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Moreawesomethanyou.com has gained a Maxoid member!
    >>
    >> There's been a great discussion of fixes etc in Nightlife, Uni Patch
    >> and future NL patch in this thread:
    >> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=561.0
    >>
    >> I find it wonderfully refreshing how open HatedMaxoid (!) has been
    >> about this, with a lot more information than they seem willing to
    >> release on the official board.
    >
    > Yeah, especially as many of those bugs were first noticed months ago,
    > and
    > are incredibly annoying. Like it seems they fixed the missing icons
    > bug (it
    > was caused by the RC car). Why on earth wouldn't they put out a patch
    > immediately fix that problem? I mean, it's almost a showstopper.
    >
    > Maybe if they gave feedback regularly on what they are fixing (or
    > actually
    > fixed them in a timely manner), they wouldn't be so "Hated"

    "Hate" is a strong term to use. I don't *hate* Maxis, if I did, why in
    this world would I want a game made by them? If you hate them, don't buy
    anything from them.

    deene

    "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message

    > "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Moreawesomethanyou.com has gained a Maxoid member!
    >>>
    >>> There's been a great discussion of fixes etc in Nightlife, Uni Patch
    >>> and future NL patch in this thread:
    >>> http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=561.0
    >>>
    >>> I find it wonderfully refreshing how open HatedMaxoid (!) has been
    >>> about this, with a lot more information than they seem willing to
    >>> release on the official board.
    >>
    >> Yeah, especially as many of those bugs were first noticed months ago, and
    >> are incredibly annoying. Like it seems they fixed the missing icons bug
    >> (it
    >> was caused by the RC car). Why on earth wouldn't they put out a patch to
    >> immediately fix that problem? I mean, it's almost a showstopper.
    >>
    >> Maybe if they gave feedback regularly on what they are fixing (or
    >> actually
    >> fixed them in a timely manner), they wouldn't be so "Hated"
    >>

    > "Hate" is a strong term to use. I don't *hate* Maxis, if I did, why in
    > this world would I want a game made by them? If you hate them, don't buy
    > anything from them.

    Well, I meant the name of the Maxis employee who posted that. He has "Hated"
    in this title, presumably because there is a lot of grousing about bugs.

    "Jeremy Reaban" <trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > "deene" <pixelgirl@pickle.net> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Jeremy Reaban" <jer@connectria.com> wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> Yeah, especially as many of those bugs were first noticed months
    >>> ago, and
    >>> are incredibly annoying. Like it seems they fixed the missing icons
    >>> bug (it
    >>> was caused by the RC car). Why on earth wouldn't they put out a
    >>> patch to
    >>> immediately fix that problem? I mean, it's almost a showstopper.
    >>>
    >>> Maybe if they gave feedback regularly on what they are fixing (or
    >>> actually
    >>> fixed them in a timely manner), they wouldn't be so "Hated"
    >>>

    >> "Hate" is a strong term to use. I don't *hate* Maxis, if I did, why
    >> in this world would I want a game made by them? If you hate them,
    >> don't buy anything from them.
    >
    > Well, I meant the name of the Maxis employee who posted that. He has
    > "Hated" in this title, presumably because there is a lot of grousing
    > about bugs.

    LOL yes, I did see that name on a forum. I guess I did misunderstand
    when I first read your post. Sorry! Yeah, they are getting a lot of
    gripes and they do need to get those patches out soon. If they don't,
    people just might stop buying their products.

    deene

Sims Games Video Games