Windows xp professional installation problems

denis_72

Honorable
Mar 14, 2012
I am getting this nesage: The application or DLL C:\windows\system32\
iefrmame.ddl is not a valid window image. Please check with your installation diskette.

I have re-installed wincow xp and tried to repair wp as well and I am still recdeiving this message which does not akkow me to enter in websites or programs

thank you i n advance

Denis :cry:

I see typos in your post. Make sure you have the correct file name.
Get to a command prompt.
Make a backup copy of the original/suspicious file (it is not missing with that error) by typing in the following command. Note: Replace msacm32.dll with your file name.

copy c:\windows\system32\msacm32.dll c:\windows\system32\msacm32.old

That would copy the current file (if there is one) and it will just complain if there is not one to copy.

XP likes to keep backup copies of critical system files in this folder:
c:\windows\system32\dllcache

There is a "good" copy of all the important XP files there, and there is a copy of msacm32.dll that you need to copy to replace yours.
You can replace just about any missing or suspicious critical XP system file using this method.
Knowing that, copy in the backup copy of the file and replace the missing/suspicious file using this command:

copy c:\windows\system32\dllcache\msacm32.dll c:\windows\system32

Respond in the affirmative if asked to overwrite the existing file and then you should see a message that 1 file(s) was copied. Reboot your machine.