Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Cooler Master

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Other (in case i forgot some!

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters

shovenose

Distinguished
I am in the market for a new PSU. id like to know what people like/prefer/have had good experiences with. also, if youve had problems with certain psus pls let me know. this system will have to last me a while.

Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power & Cooling, and some of the newer Antec models.

I just ordered the brand new Seasonic X650 Gold. Brand new design and 80+ Gold Certification for energy efficiency. UPS is delivering it today. :)

ckaz

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2009
My Antec Earthwatts 650w PSU ided on me, so I too have been in the market for a new one. One good thing about Antec is their customer service, so after a bit of haggling, they are sending me a brand new one.

Now, for a number of reasons I am no longer happy with my Antec EA-650w, so I too have been in the market for a new PSU.

The seasonic gold series seems great, but I am going with the Corsair HX-850W instead.

irkjab

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
Corsair is great as far as price/quality goes I think, they've got a long warranty and a very fast RMA process, at least in the US

shovenose

Distinguished
you know what size psu i should get for a c2d lga775, biostar mobo, sata hd, 1gig RAM, sata dvdrom, geforce 9500 fanless pci-express. i am going to use an ultra 550w, but if thats a lousy psu LMK and ill get a corsair somethin-r-other

AMW1011

Distinguished
NO PC POWER AND COOLING?!

You can't beat he feeling of that little piece of paper you get with ever PC Power and Cooling that proves that the PSU is as legendary as the reviews say it is.

marney_5

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2009
I've just ordered a Hi-Power Black 800W Modular 13.5cm Fan PSU - 4x PCI-E, 20+4pin, 6x SATA for £65. I think I needed a upgrade from my sweex 650 because Ive heard that a 5870 needs a pretty good PSU and I didnt want to kill my new GPU after only owning it for a couple of days! Especially after ive waiting so long for it to arrive!

The only brand of PSU on your list that I might use or suggest would be Corsair.
Cooler Master? Holy cow, every single one I have ever owned has went bad, I have owned 3 of them at one time or another.
Personally, I prefer PC and Power Cooling over anything. Currently I am using a BGF LS series, that I had to buy in a pinch about a year ago, and has been doing pretty well.